Model Express Warship

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Hi everyone, Not a great deal of action hes been going on with this loco for a month or so, (maybe 6 months :scratch: ) I bought the unstarted kit from Phill a couple of years ago and keep having a stab at it. decided I did'nt like the resin bogies supplied so it will be having etched ones with flywheels and derin drive etc. Phill has stolen all the bits I'd got together for it to rescue his Warship "Highflyer" :( :scratch: Iam gonna re bogie this loco for him (favour for a favour kind of thing) so once I have all the bits back again and have got some Slaters wheels at GOG Kettering there could well be some progress. I got a DJH/Tower Warship nickel silver detail etch for it which has roof fan grilles, window frames, step kick plates, guttering, sandbox covers and various other details which are far crisper than the detail on the resin body. had to open up the cabside windows quite a bit to accept these but ive just been working my way around the loco fitting various bits as I go. The roof fan grilles are particularly good they are in 3 layers which ive laminated together with solder before fitting. Once again with this been a lower end kit its a case of how much work you prepared to put in to get something fairly decent at the end of it :scratch: Also I got some cabs from Steve Beattie to go in in due course... :) PS; cant decide Onslaught or Cockade??? :scratch: :wave: Ross .....

Attachments

• warship, parkside SR brakevan, and lima 33 conversion 001.jpg
    warship, parkside SR brakevan, and lima 33 conversion 001.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 238
  • warship, parkside SR brakevan, and lima 33 conversion 002.jpg
    warship, parkside SR brakevan, and lima 33 conversion 002.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 233
  • warship, parkside SR brakevan, and lima 33 conversion 003.jpg
    warship, parkside SR brakevan, and lima 33 conversion 003.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 235
  • warship, parkside SR brakevan, and lima 33 conversion 004.jpg
    warship, parkside SR brakevan, and lima 33 conversion 004.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 230
  • warship, parkside SR brakevan, and lima 33 conversion 005.jpg
    warship, parkside SR brakevan, and lima 33 conversion 005.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 239

rosspeacock

28ten said:
You cant have too many Warships :thumbs: I would go for Cockade, and then build Onslaught :lol:
Ha Ha, thanks wouldnt have to paint the plates then either because Id like to do it in green but you know what Phill says to that :lol: :lol: Still undecided though maybe we could have a debate ha ha :scratch: Ross...

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
BLUE, BLUE and er BLUE and (as i'm not wellup on Warships if neither of those were in blue then change the name :lol: :thumbs:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
I would do Onslaught in MFYP or BFYP or Cockade in GFYP or BFYP or get another set of plates & do Monarch or Majestic in BSYP
Phill

rosspeacock

Told you all it was going to be slow going this one, whilst in-between jobs on the 25 I thought I'd have a look at the Warship again.. got all the bits back together to finish this kit including Slaters wheels also picked up some quite hefty Buehler motors at Kettering and some Premier components 12:1 gears. Thought I'd have a stab yesterday at getting the cabs (Steve Beattie) to fit.. had to get the big file and razor saw out to get the desks and bulkhead to go in bu the floor went in pretty well, its my intention to make the whole lot removable just incase of any glazing mishaps  :shit:

Attachments

• model express warship 005.jpg
    model express warship 005.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 164
  • model express warship 004.jpg
    model express warship 004.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 165
  • model express warship 001.jpg
    model express warship 001.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 170

rosspeacock

Just a few more pictures of all the bits neatly laid out on my workbench :thumbs:  :lol:  (note the TC12-2 etch from DJH Tower Warship) not 100% decided on name etc yet but prob gonna be MFYP although I think they look good BFYP and GSYP.... :scratch:  :scratch:  :scratch:  :wave:

Attachments

• model express warship 006.jpg
    model express warship 006.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 161
  • model express warship 003.jpg
    model express warship 003.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 166
  • model express warship 002.jpg
    model express warship 002.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 160

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Onslaught in well worn MFYP would look very nice Ross :drool: :cool: :cool: :cool: , glad to see you managed to get the cabs in :thumbs:
Phill :wave:

rosspeacock

Phill Dyson said:
Onslaught in well worn MFYP would look very nice Ross :drool: :cool: :cool: :cool: , glad to see you managed to get the cabs in :thumbs:
Phill :wave:
You mean like it was at WSR :scratch: :lol: :lol:

rosspeacock

CME & Bottlewasher said:
Hi Ross :wave:

Do the whitemetal parts and window etches come with the kit?

Looking good - with some considerable effort no doubt :scratch: :thumbs:

Did you buy the wheels as a package deal or direct from Slaters?

TTFN,

CME :wave:
The window frames on the original kit are moulded into the resin, I got myself an etch from DJH with all the nice etches on for the DJH/Tower one TC12... windows have needed opening out a little but think they look better now, the wheels were about ?10 per axle dont think ive ever bought a motorising package sure they cost more???? ross...

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi mate,
Is the Model Express Warship still available ? I quite fancy doing a warship but i dont want to spend as much as the JLTRT one when it comes out . How much work have you had to do on the body ?. And in your honest opinion is it worth buying at the price/work that needs to be done. :?

Rob :wave:

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
CME :wave:[/quote]

Those frames look fantastic :thumbs: - are DJH happy to sell parts separately (if they are sold as a complete fret)?

[/quote]

I am glad you asked the question as I was just about to. :thumbs:

rosspeacock

Hi yes the model express warship is still available I think its about ?90 they are also a pleasure to deal with, it comes with resin bogies but i have decided to make my own using some fold up etched brass ones. also the DJH etch was obtained by a telephone call (did'nt tell them what is was for though) :scratch: :scratch: it cost about ?19 ref no TC12 which is the tower kit ref and the etch itself has TC12-2 issue 2 depends how cheeky you are :oops: no skin off their nose I suppose.. Great pics on that link to old RMWeb you sent Phill :thumbs: :thumbs: hope it turns out as well as that one :drool: :drool: :thumbs: Ross...