Mystery Gauge 1 GWR railcar

Chris Nevard

Western Thunderer
Chaps,

I don't know if one you you can help - at the weekend I snapped this new Gauge 1 GWR railcar on my mini-studio on the Model Rail stand at Warley.

It is due to be released as a kit or RTR, but in the hysterics of The Warley Show I never got the details from the supplier :oops: . I think they were going to get back to me, but press day waits for nobody sadly.

It's very pretty I'm sure you'll agree if nothing else :)

nevard_121124_warley_DSC_1393_WEB.jpg

Simon

Flying Squad
Chaps,

I don't know if one you you can help - at the weekend I snapped this new Gauge 1 GWR railcar on my mini-studio on the Model Rail stand at Warley.

It is due to be released as a kit or RTR, but in the hysterics of The Warley Show I never got the details from the supplier :oops: . I think they were going to get back to me, but press day waits for nobody sadly.

It's very pretty I'm sure you'll agree if nothing else :)

View attachment 15476

I managed to miss that, very nice.

It is being done by Peter Smith in Exeter I think, he showed me the start of it at Shepshed back in October.

His contact details aren't to hand but if you need them I think can probably dig them out.

Simon

Chris Nevard

Western Thunderer
Thanks Simon - I'm not normally so disorganised, but running the mini-studio on the Model Rail stand goes from sublime peace to total chaos. The busiest bit is Sunday pm around 4pm when the main manufactures allow their displays to be ransacked by the magazines!

Simon

Flying Squad
Although his website doesn't show the railcar I am pretty certain it will be Peter, the website with contact details is here

Simon

Chris Nevard

Western Thunderer
Thanks Simon - I've issued the office instructions to give them a buzz. One would look great on your garden railway, I wonder if they loan it out for shake down testing? ;)

jamiepage

Western Thunderer
I saw it at the G1MRA AGM. The flier I have states it is a joint venture between Peter Smith and Trevor Cousens (Mercian Models). Call Peter for RTR, Trevor for kits.
From the flier-

Scale 1/32.
Full kit £500
Finished to primer level £700
Fully finished, livery to choice £850- £950
Track pick up FOC
Battery pack, on/off switch £20
Full remote control £160
Sound card POA
Details should be on respective web pages soon.

Simon

Flying Squad
Thanks Simon - I've issued the office instructions to give them a buzz. One would look great on your garden railway, I wonder if they loan it out for shake down testing? ;)

I'm sure I could persuade the engineers to clear it for running on the Wenbridge line:))