Not Exactly New

A

Alycidon

D7093 said:
Steve, won't be at Chelt this time around, helping Kier with Wibdenshaw the same weekend. So you won't have any one who understands the NBL dialect :D, I think the discussion will be Scotrail branded class 86's running on Mexican railways this time around. Well at least you won't be able to talk me into a 1/32 D61xx this time around.​
Maybe you could twist Kiers arm to posting some stuff here :cool: I do follow 70's EM and I am liking Hornsey, right up my street.
28ten

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking in the background for a few months, enjoying the threads and inspirational modelling within these pages. I already know some of you personally, so thought as way of an introduction to show my one and only BR(W) project - this NBL interloper on Eastern metals!

hornsey_class22-19.jpg

Although my roots are in West Yorkshire, I've spent most of my life living within the Western Region boundary (Gloucester, and now Hereford). My preferences are ECML and the north, so will shortly be adding a post in Area 51, and hope you Western die-hards don't take offence :))

Cheers
Kier

D

D7093

Hello Kier,

Welcome aboard with your first post from the Hardy modelling outpost and look forward to hearing more.

I'm sure D6326 running through Hornsey Broadway couldn't be more appropriate for this forum.

Trevor.

28ten

Guv'nor
Yay :))
Welcome along :thumbs: As I said, Im a huge fan of Hornsey, its how I remember the railway, only on trips into Paddington. For anybody who hasnt seen the site check this link .
I will look forward to seeing Wibdenshaw at Trainwest.

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
Hello Kier, welcome to the madhouse :thumbs: Don't worry about offending anyone, everyone knows that all the coolest modellers hang out in Area 51 ;):D

ScottW

Western Thunderer
Welcome Kier.

I have a soft spot for the BR blue period as it takes me back to my childhood days, looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Regards,

Scott

Simon

Flying Squad
Welcome from Bath too - fantastic modelling!

I even found a bit of West Yorkshire for you....

Skipton.jpg

Simon

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Kier and welcome to the forum:thumbs:.

The class 22 looks excellent:thumbs:. Shame the rest of your stock is Eastern:)). Joking apart look forward to your postings as any 70's modeller is fine by me (even if its going in area 51, )

Rob

Pennine MC

Western Thunderer
No 9 - my favourite Deltic:cool:

Evening Keir, good to see you here. Is it time to mention that WHL layout with no name yet;)

A

Alycidon

Thank you all for the warm welcomes, much appreciated...... shhhhh Ian, better not let the cat out of the bag! Nice pic of the 47 at Skipton Simon...... and thanks Phil for posting the pic of a proper mainline loco :cool:

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Welcome to Western Thunder Kier. I'm a big fan of Wibdenshaw and Hornsey and often visit your web site to check for new developments. :thumbs:

Regards

Dan

dibateg

Western Thunderer
Hello Kier - another welcome - I enjoyed seeing Wibdenshaw at Wigan a while ago, I liked it very much - it reminded me of my blue diesel spotting days.

Regards

Tony

A

Alycidon

Feeling welcome, thanks for all your comments :thumbs: and have started thread in layouts section.

Cheers,
Kier

S

Simon Dunkley

Welcome,
Feeling welcome, thanks for all your comments :thumbs: and have started thread in layouts section.
Nice bit of pointwork there, but for me the diagrammtic plan was exceptionally useful - I understand better how it all fits in with reality.

I go back far enough to remember Holmeworth...

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
Hi Kier
Good to have you aboard Western Thunder, looking foward to reading your contributions and like some of the others have allready mentioned I to have a sneak peak every month at the goings on in your EM site. What EM wheels did you use for the D63oo`er?
Cheers
Mr TV

A

Alycidon

Hi Steve,
The D6300'er has the original Dapol wheels, which I've reprofiled on the lathe. The out-of-the-box flanges are a bit course and although they will run on EM track with just the wheels pulled out, you can tell it's a bit of a bumpy ride, especially through pointwork. She now just breezes along, and had a good 2 hour run-in at Shenston Road last week. Looked at home on GW territory!