O Gauge Figures

Prairie Tank

Western Thunderer
I start off with the base colour and then add 'lines' of colours . I have done a lot in the past from early pre 1066 Welsh, Scotti and the like to entire regiments of Napoleonic's.

John :)

adrian

Flying Squad
That would be the end of any credibility I might have once had
I'm okay - I never had any credibility :p But don't knock him - listen to his album 50. At carfest he did some of his own songs but also a Foo Fighters cover (who he's appeared on stage with), Queen cover, AC/DC highway to hell, twist and shout, he doesn't need autotune - give him a chance and watch him live - you might be surprised.

Prairie Tank

Western Thunderer
I remember those patterns, my mum used to make her dresses from them and also for me sister. She used to spread them out all over the sitting room floor, as well as the material she was using, to work out the best use of the cloth.

Phil

LOL my Gran did the same! With Mum it was knitting, I can still hear the click click click of knitting needles has she produced another jumper for my Action Man.

Prairie Tank

Western Thunderer
John - have you tried either the striped or spotted paints for intricate dress patterns?

Roger,
(Last seen running for cover..........:eek:)

Yet again I was foiled by the hand of Mrs PT. The paint ended up looking the same colour as did Plasticine when all the colours got mixed together :))

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Ideally these Modelu figures will have to be placed nearer the viewer i.e. towards the front of the layout and certainly not next to any cast figures as their scale finesse will reveal the differences.

Prairie Tank

Western Thunderer
Ideally these Modelu figures will have to be placed nearer the viewer i.e. towards the front of the layout and certainly not next to any cast figures as their scale finesse will reveal the differences.

Yes that is very true, there is a distinct difference in the types. I use Modelu only for adults on Shelby Wood Sidings, children and loco crew are Andrew Stadden other wise the differences are obvious.
My friends lay out is very big so there is plenty of room to put different figure types.

Prairie Tank

Western Thunderer
I have been asked by one of my railway modelling friends to repaint some figures for him.
This is the first one, which I wanted to get finished and approved before I carried on with the rest, before and after photos.

Before...…
20190223_060107.jpg

After...…..
20190223_073705.jpg

Before...……..…..
20190223_060058.jpg

After.....
20190223_073714.jpg