Photo Photo Collections

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Hydraulic picture collection

Well i for one think Westerns were one of those locos that could look good in almost any livery... :thumbs:

(although maybe not some of the sillier modern ones... :?

28ten

Guv'nor

Jordan said:
Well i for one think Westerns were one of those locos that could look good in almost any livery... :thumbs:

:thumbs:
in an ideal world I would have all the liveries, but I will have to settle for Maroon and Blue

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer

28ten said:
[quote=""Jordan"":ld4xbpqr]Well i for one think Westerns were one of those locos that could look good in almost any livery... :thumbs:

:thumbs:
in an ideal world I would have all the liveries, but I will have to settle for Maroon and Blue[/quote:ld4xbpqr]
I think they look best in blue or maroon with full yellow ends, the full yellow ends suit the shape of a Western better IMO :cool:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Green Hydraulics

I have already joined them Cynric. But as yet i hav'nt bought any images :rolleyes: Some cracking shots though :thumbs: :drool:

B

Brinkly

Green Hydraulics

Ah Hudraulics in the proper colour! As the good GWR intended! :D

Regards,

Nick

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
Green Hydraulics

What has proved mildly puzzling for me (apart from the long term effects of Johnson's Klear on 4mm ballast), is why the W.R. didn't appear to contemplate painting any Hymeks maroon. I think that the maroon livery really suited the Westerns and the Warships, it would have been intriguing to see a Hymek similarly painted, albeit I do agree that the two-tone green with SYP really suited them.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Green Hydraulics

Captain Kernow said:
What has proved mildly puzzling for me (apart from the long term effects of Johnson's Klear on 4mm ballast), is why the W.R. didn't appear to contemplate painting any Hymeks maroon.
Funny isn't it..? Until you posted that it was something that had never ever crossed my mind... What a superb question- why didn't they do any maroon Hymeks..?!? :scratch: :shock: (unless they tried it one drunken Friday night hidden away in the back of Swindon Works and didn't like it once they'd sobered up... :p :lol: :thumbs: )

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
Green Hydraulics

Jordan said:
[why didn't they do any maroon Hymeks
Given that someone was brave enough to paint a Hymek in 'Dutch' civil engineers livery a few years back (I hope my memory isn't deceiving me!), I wonder if one of the current owners would be prepared to take the plunge? Maroon with SYP might be rather fetching! D7018 perhaps??!! ;)

28ten

Guv'nor
Green Hydraulics

I would hazard a guess its because they were mixed traffic as opposed to express passenger locos.

B

Brinkly

Green Hydraulics

28ten said:
I would hazard a guess its because they were mixed traffic as opposed to express passenger locos.

Well that would make sense, although the autocoaches were painted in Crimson and Cream, when they were ment to be plain crimson! :D

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Green Hydraulics

Phill Dyson said:
Well they got it right eventually & painted em all Blue :cool:

Phill :p
Yeah but the first version of blue was the best; with SYP and white window surrounds :thumbs: ... full yellow ends just ruined them again... :shit:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Green Hydraulics

Phill was right BLUE all the way :thumbs: ;) plus if green was best surely they would have kept that livery and not painted them BLUE ;) :lol:

B

Brinkly

Green Hydraulics

lancer1027 said:
Phill was right BLUE all the way :thumbs: ;) plus if green was best surely they would have kept that livery and not painted them BLUE ;) :lol:

Well nothing lasts forever does it! Although I will say that the old BR Blue livery is much better than modern day rubish! Bar the 1996-1998 Great Western Trains Livery! ;)