Photo Etch Consultants liquidation

Chris Veitch

Western Thunderer
I'm assuming that most people here have heard of this closure by now, but I thought I'd share what I know as news seems to be vague and scattered amongst a few forums (and I've not seen it here). For the uninformed, PEC Ltd went into liquidation at the beginning of September.

I had some of my tooling with PEC and have since been in touch with the liquidators since I was not (along with many other customers, apparently) informed of the closure by PEC Ltd. The process is being handled by Matthew Hill from the Birmingham office of PKF Smith Cooper who can be contacted on 0121 236 6789. I retrieved my tooling yesterday and Matthew today suggested that I should pass on his details to anyone who has tooling with them and wishes to arrange to retrieve it. The liquidator is attempting to write to anyone who still has tooling with them, but they think there are about 350 customers to inform and obviously they've no guarantee that contact addresses etc. are up to date. The last date for retrieval of anything from the factory will probably be 1st November, after which the contents will be disposed of and the premises handed back to the landlord.

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
I have art work there that I haven't used in years. I new they had closed but I didn't have a contact I will give them a ring in the morning. Thanks for posting.

Marc

Chris Veitch

Western Thunderer
I have art work there that I haven't used in years. I new they had closed but I didn't have a contact I will give them a ring in the morning. Thanks for posting.

Marc

No problem - I have to add that the liquidator was very helpful and seems anxious to help to reunite former customers with their tooling wherever possible. I might also add that there is a thread on this on the Scalefour forum but as a non-S4 member I'm unable to comment on it and add these details - if anyone here is able do so it might be useful.

JasonD

Western Thunderer
Thanks Chris, I hadn't used PEC for many years and your post was the first I'd heard. FWIW I sent an email to
as instructed, with PEC Liquidation in the title and an FAO: Matthew Hill starting my note.

I have had a quick acknowledgement from Matthew highlighting the need to register quickly for a visit to Walsall. His reply may ask for proof of one's right to ask for the items, in my case evidence of my item ownership and Executor status for other items.
Jason