4mm Polsarrett: BR(S) N Cornwall Clay, The Final Countdown

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
It's all getting a bit tense again...

MV5BNzZmMTA5ZjYtYTBkOC00NjM2LTk3NTgtMTNlMjYzNjBmY2I0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDAxOTExNTM%40._V1_.jpg

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
I had great intentions on Friday to spend the then forthcoming weekend finishing off the clay dries. Well, that didn't go as planned.

Instead, making the most of the gorgeous weather, I spent Saturday in the garden. Harvested my potatoes and onions from the 'allotment' beds, replanted some bulbs and generally did some tidying up.

Sunday was a day of mending. Sorted out the bathroom door which had started to stick. Had some very cross words with a (not so) smart TV which was having software issues. 45mins on a chat with a Samsung not very helpline.

And then an ongoing battle with our fridge freezer which has succumbed to suffer from a known feature with the fridge fan freezing up. Known feature obviously isn't the same as a fault or problem and therefore the customer is left to pay for sorting it out.

Oh and finally I did some batch cooking to make use of some of the allotment produce. And now it's Monday again!

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Sounds like an entirely productive weekend. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

Me? I just lazed about wasting time and achieved the square root of beggar all.

GrahameH

Western Thunderer
I had great intentions on Friday to spend the then forthcoming weekend finishing off the clay dries. Well, that didn't go as planned.

Instead, making the most of the gorgeous weather, I spent Saturday in the garden. Harvested my potatoes and onions from the 'allotment' beds, replanted some bulbs and generally did some tidying up.

Sunday was a day of mending. Sorted out the bathroom door which had started to stick. Had some very cross words with a (not so) smart TV which was having software issues. 45mins on a chat with a Samsung not very helpline.

And then an ongoing battle with our fridge freezer which has succumbed to suffer from a known feature with the fridge fan freezing up. Known feature obviously isn't the same as a fault or problem and therefore the customer is left to pay for sorting it out.

Oh and finally I did some batch cooking to make use of some of the allotment produce. And now it's Monday again!

Excuses Excuses ! ;)

simond

Western Thunderer
I did a strange thing, and took the train 300 miles to the town of my yoof, and met a load of classmates whom I had not seen for 45 years. A good old yarn and a pleasant dinner. Then got the train back again yesterday. So I guess I spent more time on the train than I did at the reunion, but hey ho, it was worth it.

And then went to our local pub, and met a lady who had grown up in the road next to the pub I'd met the lads in on Saturday night.
She was mildly surprised that she & I had grown up in the same town, and much more surprised that I had just been in her "childhood local".

Not a lot of modelling to be fair.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
I did a strange thing, and took the train 300 miles to the town of my yoof, and met a load of classmates whom I had not seen for 45 years. A good old yarn and a pleasant dinner. Then got the train back again yesterday. So I guess I spent more time on the train than I did at the reunion, but hey ho, it was worth it.

And then went to our local pub, and met a lady who had grown up in the road next to the pub I'd met the lads in on Saturday night.
She was mildly surprised that she & I had grown up in the same town, and much more surprised that I had just been in her "childhood local".

Not a lot of modelling to be fair.

Sometimes it's a very small world!

Backscene photomontage v1

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
All has been quiet on the Western (GWR & LSWR) front but it did take about a week of hard stares for conclusion to the standoff to be reached...

In the meantime, ably assisted by someone far better than I at photoshoppery, a plan for the photo backscene is emerging...

IMG_20211020_143020.jpg
There will be trees behind the signal box up to the road.

IMG_20211020_143025.jpg
Also trees in the triangular field behind the concrete office.

IMG_20211020_143029.jpg

IMG_20211020_143033.jpg

IMG_20211020_143039.jpg

Obviously not the real thing as being printed on A4 paper at a low resolution. Also ignore the blue lines, they are just to help with judging the horizon and a datum for doing this exercise remotely. Still some tweaking to be done, and a 220mm wide gap at the right hand side, but it's getting there I think.