Signalling Queensbridge/NLR Signaling

garethashenden

Western Thunderer
I've decided to break this out from the main thread on my layout Queensbridge (Queensbridge Road Wharf) because I'm interested in how the North London did their signaling generally in addition to how this particular location would have been signaled. There is photographic evidence of LNWR signals at Broad Street station well before the LNWR took over the NLR, and there are pictures of very tall signals on the NLR, but I can't tell if they're North Western style or not. Does anyone know what they did? If no one does I'm fine using LNWR practice, its pretty well documented.
I think I need a home signal at each end as the track leaves the layout. I could put them on very high poles as the LNWR did. I think one will need it anyway so the signal can be seen with the bridge in the way. Do I then add shunt signals to the same poles? What about the adorable little ground signals with flaps used in yards? They're cute but its such a small yard it seems overkill.
I'll need to add a catch point on the left hand end, but if I operate the right two points as a crossover do I need to add a catch point in as well? Nevermind, they can't be operated as a crossover because there could be a train standing on the point as the yard is shunted. So I will need two catch points and facing point locks if I want to run passenger trains down the branch. Which I may want to at some point.

Mike W

Western Thunderer
There is a North London Railway Historical Society. I'm not a member - kept meaning to join but just never got around to it. The NLR ran over a lot of other lines, so if looking at pictures make sure they were not taken on the GER, GNR or others

Mike