7mm Ressaldar's workshop - a Warren Shephard Manor

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
By way of answering Mickoo's question 'is there a backhead in your kit' I thought the easiest way of answering was to post these pictures of the contents of my box:

P1010171.JPG

P1010172.JPG

P1010173.JPG

P1010174.JPG

and as can be seen , yes I do have a backhead and regulator - the only whitemetal in the kit. The question is - why two smokebox fronts - at first glance, they are identical, perhaps all is revealed in the as yet unread instructions. Another difference between Mickoo's kit and mine is the presence of the half etched rivet detail, much to my relief as having read Mickoo's thread, I was not looking forward to marking out that little lot.

I should be getting the 3,500 gallon tender kit at the end of October and I will build that first, my usual approach to tender locos and by which time I should nave finished the Diag 1/551 Inspection Saloon.

regards

Mike

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Mike,

Cheers, I haven't looked at the loco in too much detail but did see half etch indents on the smoke box wrapper but there are definitely none on the cab.

I've also got two 'bottle tops' one is for the front of the smoke box, the other for the rear and forms an overlap joint inside to form up the boiler front. My rims are a little bit crinkly from the pressing process so need some fettling.

I am certainly missing the backhead, as I said, it may come in the little box of bits the client has forgotten to hand over. What threw me was the complete lack of dialogue in the instructions or packing list of any cab plumbing and associated parts, I can see why now, it's all cast onto one lump.

MD

daifly

Western Thunderer
Warren's website shows the whitemetal backhead for the Manor as a Prestige Models (now NMRS) product. Nothing is listed for the County.
Dave