S7 Mark meeting, Saturday 18th (oops, 17th), October

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Hello chaps - any news or photos from yesterday's meet, for those of us unable to attend please?

Regards

Dan

Edited to correct date!

Last edited:

daifly

Western Thunderer
18th October was the date of last years meet!

A good turnout yesterday (17th!) with Dave Nicholson, Gordon and Maggie Gravett demonstrating. We enjoyed a very instructive presentation by Gordon on techniques for producing grassland.

Some superb locomotives on view around the test track and a competition for favourite locomotive was won by Ian Middleditch with a really exquisite Caledonian loco. Can't tell you anything about it except that it was, not surprisingly, blue!

Good trade support from Laurie Griffin with his huge range of accessories and Jim Lucas (GWRJim) had a large C&L stand with a good selection of S7 and general 7mm track components, solders and fluxes, Peco kits and accessories.

I particularly liked Andrew Campbell's 70' SRM from a Peter Kay kit. I'll post a photo later.

Dave

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
I have some photos, but as I've been out of internet range for a couple of days and I've only just got home they'll have to wait until I have processed them.

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
You also missed out on the 37 pulling 4 air braked vans around the circuit at a scale 60-ish. Only in one direction though, it's developed a strange hesitating fault in the other direction, which I'll take a look at sometime this week.

Hopefully someone took some pictures of it, as I didn't think to! I took one video, but it's rubbish.

Andrew Campbell

Western Thunderer
A big thank you to everyone who came. I think we had about 65 there (not all at once) apart from the three heroines in the kitchen, to whom also my grateful thanks. It always encouraging to have participants from as far away from Somerset as Scotland, East Anglia, Kent and Wales.

Any volunteers to bring layouts for next year? They don't have to be finished. I hope we'd be able to get the "never-been-exhibited-before" rule in the Challenge 33 Competition dis-applied for the occasion.

Date to be announced shortly but probably either 15th or 22nd October.

Very much looking forward to seeing Heather's photos. A big thank you to her for agreeing to record the happy day.

daifly

Western Thunderer
Mine only in a legal sense. Laurie Griffin's exquisite workmanship and Mr. Brackenborough's artistry. But glad you like it all the same. I do too!
I have an Ixion Fowler with sound fitted by EDM, converted to S7 and weathered by Colin Dowling but it's all mine in every sense that matters!