S7 Mark Open day 2015

Andrew Campbell

Western Thunderer
ScaleSeven West Country Group - 2015 Open Day

This year’s Open Day will be at the Mark Village Hall, Mark, Somerset TA9 4NY, on Saturday October 17th. Doors open at 10 a.m. There’s plenty of free parking on-site.

We are very grateful that our supportive trader, Laurie Griffin Miniatures have agreed to return. The S7 Stores are also attending.

Rob Thompson is kindly bringing Tinker’s Green Sidings and Quarry

The West Country Group’s test track - 21’6” x 17’6” - both DC and DCC – will be up and running.

Gordon Gravett will give a talk/workshop on Static grass application

Maggie Gravett has agreed to hold a training day/competition for members’ children under the age of 16 based on the building of a simple diorama. (A parent must be present.)

Our light-hearted competition will run again, to encourage everyone to bring something along for us all to admire and - if it’s standard gauge rolling stock – to run on the test track. Everyone attending gets one secret (paper) vote for any model someone else has brought along. You can vote for the model you think the best, the most impressive, the most inspiring, the most evocative, the most unusual or even the funniest - or for any other reason. The winning entry wins its owner a £25 voucher to be spent with whichever of the supporting traders s/he chooses. The model can be of anything: locomotive, rolling stock, track work, signal, building, scenery or anything else intended to appear on a railway model. The only rule is that it has to be built to S7 standards. Whatever model you bring can be voted for.

The entry fee is £5. Unlimited tea, coffee and a ploughman’s lunch (plus cake for tea!) will be available for £7 provided you let Andrew Campbell know in advance. Email him at andrew@blackdogwoods.com or ring on 01373 839089.

Directions to Mark Village Hall from Junction 22 on the M5 Motorway

· Take Exit 22 (Burnham-on-Sea and Highbridge) off the M5. From whichever direction you come, this exit takes you to a roundabout on the A38 (the Bristol Road) 200 yards west of the motorway.

· Take the first exit off this roundabout, sign-posted Bridgewater, Highbridge and Wedmore.

· After 200 yards, take the first left turn (Burnham Moor Lane) sign-posted Mark and Wedmore.

· Stay on Burnham Moor Lane for 1.4 miles until you reach a T-junction with a grass island in the middle. Turn left here onto the B3139, signposted Wedmore and Mark.

· After 1.75 miles the B3139 does a sharp (90 degrees) left-hand bend. Stay on the B3139.

· After the bend, look out for the “White Horse” pub on the left hand side (150 yards after the bend).

· Immediately after the “White Horse” pub, turn left, into Vole Road.

· After 150 yards, turn right into the grounds of the “Mark Village Hall” indicated by a varnished wooden sign with white lettering.

Last edited:

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
I have discussed this with Best Beloved, and it seems we may well attend this year. We enjoyed last year's show, so it'll make a nice day out.

GWR Jim

Western Thunderer
Having discussed the matter with Andrew I am more than happy to bring along the small C & L Finescale stand. This will comprise of a selection of stock from both C & L & Exactoscale ranges including our super range of Point Rodding/Signal Pulleys which can be seen in detail on our web site.

Advanced Orders - Can I remind Members to work out their requirements well before the show and to order using our web site. Collection can be made at the show without the need to pay shipping charges and will overcome the problems of sending chemicals and rail by post!!

If I can help further please do not hesitate to contact me. Looking forward to a good show :thumbs:

James.

Andrew Campbell

Western Thunderer
Sadly, Rob Thompson has been forced to pull out for medical reasons. So "Tinker's Green Sidings" won't be there. I'm trying to find a replacement layout, but if there are any volunteers watching...