4mm Sanatorium Road

Paul Rolley

I think it better I put some images of the layout here rather than on another Thread, this is concerned with the CAD and Laser printed sides I used to create a pair of self propelling track panel cranes used by Colas, I know its a bit modern but I have a foot in both camps, and this layout is already complete, and Ranelagh bridge (2) is embrionic....... The crane was drawn up and the flat sections cut from plasticard and then glued up using liquid poly, the only item purchased were the styrene sheet, and bogies which were from a swap meet and cost a fiver. the chevrons were printed onto sticky paper by a pal who runs a sign company. foc. there are two of these units on the layout.

I dont have a photo edit package so the images leave a bit to be desired. the stock is still awaiting glazing and transfers, and was completed to this stage only a few days before the show, img_4463 (2).jpg

Paul Rolley

The boards have arrived as to did the box from liverpool, and as can be seen work commences.
The tennement blocks have been blackened behind ready for lights, will start a new thread for this project soon, have been trying to upload pictures but struggled as the image is to large for server, so I just tried this one to see, as it was taken with my phone.