Sheep blokes weathering.

Stubby47

Western Thunderer
Chris Nevard's photos are usually quite easy to spot, due to his use of light and background sky, plus the composition.

Your photos are approaching that quality... keep it up !

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Hornby's c@ck up, YD. Should have been on the opposite end on both sides. Then again they should have given it a P number as the closest prototype is a private owner RCH wagon.

Eastern loco coal wagons were all 8 plank, not 9 as these are. Not that I know much about Eastern matters...........and it isn't something that I'm looking to expand upon either.

I just fancied the look of these wagons as something a tad different.

Rob.

Alex W

Western Thunderer
I'm rather taken with this weathering Rob. Is the van Bachman? I hadn't realised they had done one with planked sides and ply doors.
I'd go for a step by step guide too. I know you did one a while ago in another place, but as you say, things move on, and an update would be of use.
Alex

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
It is indeed, but can we please have a step-by-step guide with photos, please!

I'm rather taken with this weathering Rob. Is the van Bachman? I hadn't realised they had done one with planked sides and ply doors.
I'd go for a step by step guide too. I know you did one a while ago in another place, but as you say, things move on, and an update would be of use.
Alex

Morning both.

I will sort something out. I have a couple of wagons to weather ahead of the Taunton show and will document my efforts accordingly.

One will most certainly be a Southern cattle wagon from Messrs. Hornby.

Rob.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Alex

Morning Alex.

This is the current example in Bachmann's catalogue.

BR 12T Ventilated Van Plywood Doors BR Bauxite (Early) ‘ICI’

38-230B

38-230B.jpg

A second view of my example............you just can't have too many vans....

2019 Mutton 9-01.jpeg

Rob.