Shortlisted Cameos appearing at Railex this weekend

Simon

Flying Squad
Just a reminder to everyone that the six finalists are all appearing at "Railex" this weekend.

Also to remind continuing builders and those entrants that were not shortlisted (you all know who you are) that you are invited to visit to show as guests of Wild Swan.

I have deposited a list of names with David and team so just say who you are and what your entry was at the show pay desk and you will be presented with a complimentary ticket to the show.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible over the weekend!

Simon

PS "participation plaques" not yet sorted out, but they will be.

Western Thunderer
Thank you Simon, I shall be attending and grateful to have a free ticket. Looking forward to seeing the shortlisted layouts.
Tony

Last edited:

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Thank you Simon. Unfortunately unable to attend but best wishes to all concerned. Work continues on Bleat Wharf which is proving to be most enjoyable.

Rob

Western Thunderer
And the winner is...

IMG_20190525_150024.jpg

jonte

Western Thunderer
Which layout did win?

If I was a betting man, Geoff, I’d wager ‘Newton Heath’ as I guess the photo is taken in front of the winning entry. I’m guessing Newton Heath, of course, as this was the title of one of the short-listed entries in a previous post, and I can just make out the word ‘New’ to the left of the head of the elderly chap in the light blue checked shirt, and possibly the final letter ‘H’ to the right.

Jonte

Edit: There’s a photo of this layout on the poster for the exhibition Railex 2019 Model Railway Exhibition
It looks as though it was still under construction when the picture was taken. Personally, I was rather fond of the 3mm scale Broad Gauge entry, of which there is a short clip of it on an exhibition video somewhere out there. Top modelling.

Last edited:

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
the elderly chap in the light blue checked shirt

That elderly chap, is none other than Martin Finney. To Martin's right, in the dark blue shirt, is Mike Baker, builder of the excellent layout "Melcombe Magna", based on the S&D in BR days. I'd never met Mike before, but was having a chat with him yesterday, as I've always been a fan of his layout (which I don't imagine, is exhibitable?). Fortunately though, it has been featured in the model railway press and Gauge O Guild gallery, for our enjoyment.

Regards

Dan

jonte

Western Thunderer

That elderly chap, is none other than Martin Finney. To Martin's right, in the dark blue shirt, is Mike Baker, builder of the excellent layout "Melcombe Magna", based on the S&D in BR days. I'd never met Mike before, but was having a chat with him yesterday, as I've always been a fan of his layout (which I don't imagine, is exhibitable?). Fortunately though, it has been featured in the model railway press and Gauge O Guild gallery, for our enjoyment.

Regards

Dan

I see.

Many thanks for the info, Dan.

Best wishes,

Jonte