simon.bolton

I'd thought I'd start off my first proper Thunder-thread with a picture of the most recent items to escape my work-bench.

First is a P4 LSWR G6 built for a friend and beautifully painted by Warren Haywood; when I build my 7mm X6 I want it in that colour.

23795190533_17ceb45c3d_b.jpg

And then there's my 7mm Ford B0-Bo shunter, built for the Luton O Gauge Group's forth-coming "Central Works" layout; laboriously painted and weathered by me...

CWs Ford Diesel (1024x768).jpg

Coming soon; an N-Gauge Midland Spinner...

Last edited:

Mike Sheardown

Western Thunderer
.........First is a P4 LSWR G6 built for a friend and beautifully painted by Warren Shephard; when I build my 7mm X6 I want it in that colour.

Hi Simon

I think that might be Warren Haywood - seen a previous pic of your lovely G6 on Warren's own thread

Like the Bo Bo shunter too - really nice weathering

Cheers

Mike

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
I've done that:)

I sent a very nice pic of my weathered Lord Nelson to Warren Shephard. He wrote back to say it was lovely, but why had I sent it him?:(:D

Richard

adrian

Flying Squad
Very impressive - the fine details look just right. Just out of interest what diameter wire are those cab handrails?

simon.bolton

Cheers Adrian, the nickel wire is 0.25mm and I think I got it from Albion Alloys. Next post I'll show you the tender, when I've used the wire to do its fiddly little hand-rails. Mind you, in this scale, everything is fiddly...
Cheers
Simon