Slater's Price Increase!

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Chaps

I received this notification with a recent order:

“As we all know, prices and costs are rising every day. Our suppliers regularly send us notification of price rises, some as high as 20%. Slater's Plastikard has held its prices since October 2010, and the inevitable has now become essential.

Therefore, with regret, we must announce that there will be a general price increase on all our products with effect from midday on Friday 23 December 2011. All orders received, packed, invoiced and dispatched up to that time will be sent at the current prices. Anything received after that time will not be sent until after the Christmas/New Year break (see below), and the new prices will apply.

We are sorry to have to make this increase, and hope that we will not have to do it again for some time”.

Christmas/New Year Break
“We will be closed from end of business on Friday 23 December 2011 to start of business on Tuesday 3 January 2012. Orders received during this period will be dealt with as soon as possible on our return”.

You'd better get those orders in quick!

Regards

Dan

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
After reading a similar post to the "Reading Trade Show" thread on the other place I asked David White for a comment. Roughly:-

* some materials have risen by 50% over the last year (Stainless steel);
* some materials have risen by 15% recently (mild steel);
* general price rise from 1/1/2012.

This information was given by David during a telephone conversation last week and I got the impression that, at that time, the actual level of price rise was neither public nor certain.

Whilst none of us like price rises at least we are forewarned.

28ten

Guv'nor
Thanks Dan, I dont buy much from Slaters anymore, but I had better get an order for a second LMS milk tank in before next week.
Unfortunately increases seem to be the constant way of things at the moment, I have just put an order in for Medite mdf for the laser and my £100 order in September is now £130 :eek: it is a similar case with etched brass.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Stand by for a secound dip, why is it when interest rates go up everything else goes up and when interest rates are at an all time low for so long everything still goes up!:rolleyes:

Col

28ten

Guv'nor
Stand by for a secound dip, why is it when interest rates go up everything else goes up and when interest rates are at an all time low for so long everything still goes up!:rolleyes:

Col
I did say a couple of years ago we were in for a double dip recession and unfortunately it seems I was right.
I remember back in the seventies when my father didnt get a pay rise for three years, and it seems to be going the same way now :headbang:

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
I remember back in the seventies when my father didnt get a pay rise for three years, and it seems to be going the same way now :headbang:

Yes Guv, I had not long been out of school and into work as an apprentice when we had 3 day working week and power cuts during the day light hours, can't see that happening though these days:oops: but.......

Col.

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
God I remember that dad had a car battery in the kitchen and stung out 12volt lights everywhere. I don't remember it being in the daytime though

28ten

Guv'nor
Yes Guv, I had not long been out of school and into work as an apprentice when we had 3 day working week and power cuts during the day light hours, can't see that happening though these days:oops: but.......

Col.
I was only about 6 at the time but I remember playing with my Timpo fort in the candle light. I dont think a national 3 day week is on the cards but I know some places having 6 weeks at Christmas. Rising prices and frozen wages are a recipe for trouble, yes, i am a glass half full type of person.:cool:

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
I am retired and "because of the economy" my heating allowance has been reduced by £50 per year and the pension has been set at the lower setting. But, I'm just about managing to keep modelling.
Alan