The original Saint-Denys-sous-Bois - an SNCF model in H0.

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
At present, due to a variety of personal circumstances, I am not able to do much modelling, but notwithstanding I have managed to recently start a new H0 layout once more based on the SNCF in era's 3 to 4 which may appear elsewhere in the appropriate thread given time. However, just to give a taste of what I have previously done, here are some pictures of it's predecessor which had both standard and narrow gauge services before demolition. I hope they are not too amateurish and may give some pleasure, if not amusement ;).SAM_1570.JPG
A p-way gang 'checking the length ' on the narrow gauge.
SAM_1322.JPG
A Jouef 141P entering the station.
SAM_1033.JPGA Trix 140TB on shed.SAM_1018.JPGThe hill, under which the standard gauge disappear to the fiddle yard, surmounted by Chateau Gris - now a public monument and parkland. This is a TT kit used to try to achieve some forced perspective. I leave you to judge it's success or otherwise in this respect!
SAM_1020.JPGA much modified Minitrain Borsig 0-8-0T runs along the cliffside below Chateau Gris. The valve gear on ne side of this loco spontaneously disintegrated two days out of guarantee :)rant:) thus, it being beyond restoration, the loco was fitted with panels for 'street running' - well, that's my excuse anyway.
SAM_1022.JPGFinally, a coal-fired 141R - a Jouef loco again. This loco has since been sold out of stock, although we still have an oil-fired 141R.......well. it wouldn't be the SNCF in era's 3/4 without a 141R, would it?

I hope you enjoyed these - I promise not to inflict any more of this far from complete layout upon you and will concentrate on getting the new version up and running.
Roger.