David Hall

Western Thunderer
Rob.

I'm almost lost for words. I spent an enjoyable hour or so last night reading through your thread and it is not an exaggeration to say I think your colouring, weathering is simple superb. The way the overall scenes balance in each of your layouts is wonderful - the picture painted by scenery, buildings and stock as a whole. It awe inspiring.

Thank you for sharing!
Dave

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Rob.

I'm almost lost for words. I spent an enjoyable hour or so last night reading through your thread and it is not an exaggeration to say I think your colouring, weathering is simple superb. The way the overall scenes balance in each of your layouts is wonderful - the picture painted by scenery, buildings and stock as a whole. It awe inspiring.

Thank you for sharing!
Dave

Evening Dave. Thank you so much for those kind words.

When it comes to the weathering, I use the same colours for stock, track and buildings. This helps a lot and blends things together.

A couple more images of Sheep Dip before I start back on the buildings. 20210220_204229-01.jpeg

20201017_203453-02-01.jpeg

Rob.

SouthernFan Ian

Western Thunderer
I'm relatively new to Western Thunder and I learned very early on to make a bee-line for this thread. It shows just what can be achieved with a small well observed and well modelled layout. The scale does not matter but the standard of modelling does and these lovely little layouts tick all my boxes.
You have another fan of your inspirational work.......just delightful.
Regards,
Ian

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
I'm relatively new to Western Thunder and I learned very early on to make a bee-line for this thread. It shows just what can be achieved with a small well observed and well modelled layout. The scale does not matter but the standard of modelling does and these lovely little layouts tick all my boxes.
You have another fan of your inspirational work.......just delightful.
Regards,
Ian

Afternoon Ian.

I'm pleased that you have enjoyed the thread which really serves to document the enjoyment and the occasional challenge that I am having. That said, the thread is only the sum total of its parts, and the contributions made.

Thank you.

Sir
I assume nice and clean as it has just been out-shopped from overhaul and on a light running in duty.
Well it seemed valid to me!:)
Regards
Allen Morgan

Afternoon Allen.

Now that seems valid to me.....up to the point when I get the weathering powders out......;)

Rob.

Last edited:

David Hall

Western Thunderer
Evening Dave. Thank you so much for those kind words.

When it comes to the weathering, I use the same colours for stock, track and buildings. This helps a lot and blends things together.

A couple more images of Sheep Dip before I start back on the buildings. View attachment 139083

View attachment 139084

Rob.

Honestly, it is superb. The same palette for every aspect of the layout is obviously the key. And your skill!

I'm a big fan of weathering powders, mainly because I don't have the self-confidence to use paints liberally, but I am going to try the same approach for my diorama.

Thank you so much for sharing your expertise. It is very much appreciated. Very kind.

Dave

cbrailways

Western Thunderer
Agreed. I'm seriously thinking about not weathering anything until my whole layout is finished and then do it all in one go as would happen in the real world.