Tim Watson's work bench

Tim Watson

Western Thunderer
I have always been a busy modeller on holiday. Used to be in our caravan in Cornwall, but the recent acquisition of a largish panel van conversion has changed that. As supplied, the tube supported tables are hopeless for modelling, but I have made a new top for the front end table that also gains support from the modelling (driving) chair armrest. All-in-all a very comfortable workstation as can be seen in the posed photo.

Current output is two fettled castings for Lord President's tender axle boxes and an Airfix WWII Typhoon with my grandson.

IMGhttp://i68.tinypic.com/14eatxg.jpg%5B/IMG

Not sure why the image isn't previewing/showing automatically.

Tim

allegheny1600

Western Thunderer
Hi Tim,
That sounds interesting, I'd love to see more.
As a nipper, my parents and I always travelled abroad during the winter months, by the time I was about 14, I had an approx 5' x 12" board with a little bit of 00 track on that I used to do some shunting on - in our campervan, in Morocco! And, Spain, Portugal and France on occasion.
As an adult, I repeated this when my wife and I used a caravan in the Lake district but usually I just take a small selection of tools and some simple kits - just to keep my hand in.
Cheers,
John.

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
14eatxg.jpg%5B

Tim, you forgot the square brackets when you typed the URL; the system generated ones work it all out for you!

Steph

Last edited: