Tom's 3D Print Workbench

paratom

Western Thunderer
I will be posting my 3D printed work here and welcome any comments to my post. The Vangaurd is for a client who has a military themed 2mm layout and the Queen class is for CamKits producing exceptional 4mm nickel silver kits for the Cambrian Railway.

Attachments

• MOD Vangaurd 1.jpg
    MOD Vangaurd 1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Qneen Class.jpg
    Qneen Class.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

paratom

Western Thunderer
Just finished doing the artwork for goods shed crane on our club layout ‘Pencader’ that will be printed on my new 3D printer.

Attachments

• Goods shed crane.jpg
    Goods shed crane.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Components.JPG
    Components.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 103

andrewb

Western Thunderer
Hi Tom -

The casts look great! But the link to CMA Creative Solutions didn't work (message said the domain is being kept for future use). Tried to call them to discuss a project of my own and no-one was answering. Could be busy, of course! Do you know of any other way I can find out a bit more about them?

paratom

Western Thunderer
Hi Andrew

Just phoned CMA to tell them that their website is down and they will look into it. The loco photos I posted are 3D printed model maters not castings from CMA. I will post a picture of an example of work that CMA have produce from one of my master. You can call them on 0121 326 0014.

Tom

andrewb

Western Thunderer
Many thanks Tom - currently overseas so I’ll contact them next week on my return.

Do you know off the top of your head what resolution they can cast to? I’ve a 7mm project where I’d ideally like to have detail down to 0.1mm.

paratom

Western Thunderer
Hi Andrew
I would imagine that they could handle that providing the 3d printer is up to it. If you send them the master they will get back to you to tell you if they can cast from it or if you need to make any alterlations to the design.

Tom