Tufnol

pcalkel

Hi All

While at Telford I was asked for dia 10mm Tufnol rod from the S7 Stores, I thought I would probably a good idea to stock a few various sizes, but what sizes & grades would be most sought after, re the grades Cloth or Paper based, if i get some feedback then i will not be wasting my time.

Paul

demu1037

Western Thunderer
Hi All

While at Telford I was asked for dia 10mm Tufnol rod from the S7 Stores, I thought I would probably a good idea to stock a few various sizes, but what sizes & grades would be most sought after, re the grades Cloth or Paper based, if i get some feedback then i will not be wasting my time.

Paul

I understood the 10mm bit.........

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
It's horrible stuff, but most model-making references I've seen reference 'carp' brand, which (IIRC) is cotton-based.
Can't you use something like acetal rod in your application? It machines better and doesn't dust - although you do need sharp tooling.

Steph

OzzyO

Western Thunderer
Hi All

Paul

the Grades are either paper based made from paper & resin or cloth and resin, the cloth based is better quality and more expensive, which type would be required is what I am asking.

After sending a PM to you I did think that you were asking about a supplier and the best type to get. Not that you could be the supplier. I would always go for the best grade that you can get, and in a few sizes say 6, 8 , 10 & 12mm.

OzzyO.