V2 4 wheel parcel van1/32 and G3

michael mott

Western Thunderer
Having realized that I had not assembled the triple joint properly, a second test has been completed, I am now even more impressed by those of you who put together 7mm and smaller kits made of brass. I have a completely new regard for the old watchmakers of pocket watches I cannot eve imagine the skills needed to make a 21 jeweled ladies wrist watch.
The second attempt is much closer to what I am hoping to achieve, But I really need to sort out the sequence.
IMG_5592x1024.jpg

IMG_5588x1024.jpg

IMG_5590x1024.jpg

IMG_5589x1024.jpg

These were all done with the tiny copper nails, .026" in diameter.

Michael

Lyndhurstman

Western Thunderer
Very wonderful, Michael. I do like your approach to fidelity where possible. My LNER Y4 build is currently on hold because I need to source/make some small rivets for the Walschaerts motion.

Cheers

Jan

michael mott

Western Thunderer
Hello Jan thank you for your comment, fidelity is a bit of a conundrum in our hobby, one of the great inspirations for me was reading about the locomotive built by Dr Bradbury Winter called Como.
We have to make all sorts of compromises in order to satisfy our own expectations when building a model. For me the challenge is stretching my skills and abilities.
Michael

michael mott

Western Thunderer
Not much to report. I am plodding on with the minutiae of the drawing of the frame and brake system elements. One step forward and two steps back seems to be the order of the day.
Michael