Wakefield Exhibition

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Had an enjoyable visit to Wakefield show yesterday. Pleasently supprised. Very nice show. There was a fantastic OO layout based on a little village around the D Day landings, lots of army vehicles,soldiers etc. The detail and weathering was superb. Some of you that visit exhibitions may know the one im on about, but i cant remember the name of it:headbang:.
Had a good chat with a guy making trees,very interesting:thumbs:.
Meet up with Phill around 14.00 on the sat. Had a good catch up with him, although he looked exhausted.Mind you he had been at work at 4.30 AM :eek: and finished about 1PM:eek:.

Squires were there so i managed to get some bits from them. Ross had told Phill that squires are just doing mail orders and wont be doing shows:( but at least you can get your stuff;).

And the highlight to my day was i picked up "Diesel Hydraulics in the West Country" at a BARGAIN of £8.50 instead of £ 14.99:) Happy days.

Rob

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Yes good show :thumbs: good to catch up with Rob & get a few much needed bits n pieces as well :)

Not 100% sure what is happening with Squires (some sort of restucturing), but they are definitely not closing :thumbs:

I also had a chat with Shawplan & it's not just you & me Mike that cant find the 7mm stuff on the website :D............they are updating a lot of 7mm products & no doubt adding more & they hope to update the website in the new year :)

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Just spoke to Ross about Suires and they are just doing mail order not shows. Ooops maybe this should have gone in a different thread:oops:

D1054

Western Thunderer
Just spoke to Ross about Suires and they are just doing mail order not shows. Ooops maybe this should have gone in a different thread:oops:
Hi Guys, Sorry I didn'y catch up with you yesterday... I had a slight change of plan which meant I could only go along today. I did enjoy it though, and I thought the standard of layout was high (particularly after Warley which was a bit disappointing in retrospect). Loved the military stuff too.

I spoke with Squires and they are ONLY closing the retail. They WILL be back at shows (in fact, they'll be attending more!), and otherwise will be mail-order only.:thumbs:

Hope to catch you next time....

Ian.

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Had an enjoyable visit to Wakefield show yesterday. Pleasently supprised. Very nice show. There was a fantastic OO layout based on a little village around the D Day landings, lots of army vehicles,soldiers etc. The detail and weathering was superb. Some of you that visit exhibitions may know the one im on about, but i cant remember the name of it:headbang:.
Had a good chat with a guy making trees,very interesting:thumbs:.
Meet up with Phill around 14.00 on the sat. Had a good catch up with him, although he looked exhausted.Mind you he had been at work at 4.30 AM :eek: and finished about 1PM:eek:.

Squires were there so i managed to get some bits from them. Ross had told Phill that squires are just doing mail orders and wont be doing shows:( but at least you can get your stuff;).

And the highlight to my day was i picked up "Diesel Hydraulics in the West Country" at a BARGAIN of £8.50 instead of £ 14.99:) Happy days.

Rob

Ere Rob were you Sober this time :)):)):))