Welcome - come in and say hello!

28ten

Guv'nor
Welcome to this little corner of the interweb.
This primary purpose of this forum is a talking shop for (BR) Western region modellers, although you are welcome to post/chat about other railways :D
I am using phpbb which should be a familiar environment to most of you. Hosting is on my shared web space which although a little slow, should be sufficient for current needs, but if demand grows I will examine upgrade options.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
I just thought I would say hello :) . My main interest is in BR(WR) circa 1970. My as yet incomplete layout :oops: is a 7mm garden railway which is based on a fictional branch line somewhere in North Devon/West Somerset area ( inspired by the Ilfracombe branch )

Cheers Phill ;)

Attachments

• Monday-20Morn-2021-207-2008-20001RMW.jpg
    Monday-20Morn-2021-207-2008-20001RMW.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 75

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Phill Dyson wrote :
> I just thought I would say hello :) . My main interest is in BR(WR) circa
> 1970. My as yet incomplete layout :oops: is a 7mm garden railway which is
> based on a fictional branch line somewhere in North Devon/West Somerset
> area ( inspired by the Ilfracombe branch )
>
> Cheers Phill ;)

Hi Phill. I'm glad to see you're here too and look I forward to seeing the names (and output), of several other Western Region/hydraulic fans here in due course. :D

I hope to post some stuff on here in the not too distant future and have several interesting unstarted projects to look forward to.

Regards

Dan

28ten

Guv'nor
Phill, Dan
Hello, im still tweaking things a bit, but it is just about at the stage where you can 'spread the word'
You can obviously manage to post and add images :D I have been a tad busy the last couple of day with two kids struck down by colds, as a consequence I have been sleeping on the floor of their room :eek:

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Hi gang...!!

As there's no F-Units allowed here (plus it's an embarassingly silly User name anyway :oops: ) I'll just use my own name ... ;)
You'll know me already as "F-UnitMad" on RMweb although my UK interests are very Hydraulics-biased.
I have built a Steve Beattie Class 22 and am currently doing a PRMRP Class 14; well I'm doing the body, an RMweb member is doing the chassis for me. I also have a Heljan Hymek which Phill will be disgusted to know I still haven't weathered... :roll: :oops: :lol:

Thanks to Phill for the heads-up on this new Forum!

R

Rugd1022

Morning all ;)

Just joined up today so hopefully this post will work! Some familiar names on here already, surprise surprise ;) , looking forward to seeing / contributing some good WR content. Not managed to get much modelling done in the last year or so but with the Hornby Castle just out and the Dapol 22 on the cusp of greatness I'm hoping to put that right. I don't have room for 'The Grand Plan' layout, that will have to wait, so in the meantime I'll probably be bumbling along collecting various WR goodies and see what developes. Long term goal is to go 7mm and concentrate on hydraulics circa 1970; I've been doodling layout plans for so long now that 'the finished article' is almost a three dimensional reality in my head..... something along the lines of 'Somerford' but without the loco depot, probably on the northern outskirts of Bristol where the city gives way to the countryside, with proper GWR infrastructure in faded WR choc & cream..... green, maroon and blue liveries....'new' colour light signalling etc....well we can all dream can't we!

Cheers, Nidge ;)

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi All, Just joined today. Nice to see some of the same names on here. My interests are WR Hydraulics circa 1970's. I am in the process of building a garden railway in 7mm. I will (at some stage, hopefully this year) build a shed to house a version of Penzance. This will not be exact but as close as i can get it in the space that i will have. My project on the go is a scratch built version of Penzance Signal Box. Hope to post some more information and pics when i get a little more time.

Toodle pip Rob

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
lancer1027 wrote :
> Nice to see some of the same names on here. ...

It looks like the "unofficial" RMweb 'Hydraulics Enthusiasts Area Group' some of us joked about now has a proper home!!! :D

28ten

Guv'nor
Jordan wrote :
> lancer1027 wrote :
> > Nice to see some of the same names on here. ...
>
> It looks like the "unofficial" RMweb 'Hydraulics Enthusiasts Area Group'
> some of us joked about now has a proper home!!! :D
Its nice to see everyone here :D I need to do a little admin work, but I have been struck down by the swine flu.
I hope that everybody gets something from it, even if it is just 'chit chat'

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Jordan, Nidge & Rob - good to see you all here too. :D

I've just posted a bit about my intended projects for this year and look forward to seeing what you guys are getting up to as well.

Regards

Dan

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Hello Everybody, my good friend Phill Dyson has introduced me to this forum.. my interests are BR Western Region early 60's 7mm scale... Have a couple of Heljan locos Green 47 and Green Hymek, also a couple of 33's a Warship which are'nt finished and westdale class 121/2 bubble car which I havent started yet fell into the trap of buying loads of kits and ended up with a wardrobe full :oops: Also have a rake of 6 mk1 coaches im working on too.. :roll: :roll: Ross... :mrgreen: :ugeek:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Welcome Ross. Yes we are all in the same boat as regards the amount of kits to build :roll: . Would love to see some pics of your stuff and also progress pics/reports.
Rob

28ten

Guv'nor
rosspeacock said:
Hello Everybody, my good friend Phill Dyson has introduced me to this forum.. my interests are BR Western Region early 60's 7mm scale... Have a couple of Heljan locos Green 47 and Green Hymek, also a couple of 33's a Warship which are'nt finished and westdale class 121/2 bubble car which I havent started yet fell into the trap of buying loads of kits and ended up with a wardrobe full :oops: Also have a rake of 6 mk1 coaches im working on too.. :roll: :roll: Ross... :mrgreen: :ugeek:
Hello Ross, welcome aboard :)
There is nothing wrong with having good stash of 'projects' I think we all have more kits than time. Early 60 is a good choice :D there is a nice mix of liveries and traffic.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Hi Ross :D ,
Nice to see you aboard ;) , I was very impressed with the MK1's the other day..........they are the best Lima conversions ever IMO :shock: (not that there's much Lima left :lol: ) & the Warship is looking good too, as others have said it would great to see some pics of your projects :) .
Cheers Phill