Prototype Who will build this?

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Yesterday Mrs D and I went to the "Open Gardens" in the next village to us, by name Drayton Beauchamp, and came across this wonderful prototype.

IMG_20210704_154209061.jpg

Does anyone fancy a shot at building it? Rain prevented me taking more shots of the "building" but I'll be happy to revisit the location if anyone wants a go at it. Suggest you ask quickly before it actually falls down.

Brian

LarryG

Western Thunderer
I like the high recurity gate considering one could probably access the land via the building. :D

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Looks a bit hillbilly country side

Ha, ha - not quite - it's just east of the (relatively) new A41.

Having not lived in this area (Aylesbury/Leighton Buzzard/Dunstable/Luton) for a good 30+ years, when I do visit family all the short cuts I used to know around the back lanes and streets have now mostly been truncated by the new (improved?) roads making journeys more circuitous and extending travelling times to boot!!!

Allen M

Western Thunderer
Am I right in thinking that is soon to be coming on the open market. Offers over £250,000 with planning permission to convert to two bungalows?:)

Regards
Allen Morgan

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Ha, ha - not quite - it's just east of the (relatively) new A41.

Having not lived in this area (Aylesbury/Leighton Buzzard/Dunstable/Luton) for a good 30+ years, when I do visit family all the short cuts I used to know around the back lanes and streets have now mostly been truncated by the new (improved?) roads making journeys more circuitous and extending travelling times to boot!!!
You are quite correct, Dave - to a degree. The new A41 has brought huge local development to Aylesbury and Aston Clinton, the village next to us, both a good and bad thing. I recognise the advantages as I couldn't have lived here and easily (relatively) been able to work at Heathrow without the new A41. However, most of the lanes remain open for traffic - I can't talk for Aylesbury Town, but those around us have been diverted or straightened over or under the new road, as has the Wendover Arm of the Grand Union Canal. We remain relatively untouched, although we hear the new road if the wind is in the East.

The village where the photo was taken still appears to be really rural although they are now badly affected by traffic noise. Objections to the new road were pretty much withdrawn when the villages were advised it'd be surfaced with a special quiet road surface, which it was. Then it was resurfaced with the normal, less expensive noisy stuff, Objections were made and the Parish Councils had to go through the whole three ringed circus which took ages, and when it finally went to appeal it was turned down because we were outside the statute of limitations so we were too late! A classic Catch 22.

Fortunately for us the prevailing wind means that any traffic noise is carried away. This remains the most lovely place in which to live.

Brian

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Surprisingly, given the state of the roof and wall cladding, the ridge is remarkably straight!

Here's a snap of a building whose roof at the far end I thought had modelling potential, taken in Amberley village a few weeks back:

IMG_1008.jpg

Edit: The rising ground also adds interest.

Last edited: