Prototype WSR Mixed Traffic Gala 7th & 8th June 2014

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
A few pics from this weekends WSR Diesel Gala:)

In action were:

Warship D821 Greyhound
Warship D832 Onslaught

Western D1015 Western Champion
Western D1010 Western Campaigner

Hymek D7017

Class 14 D9526

D821 Greyhound & D1015 Western Champion at Blue Anchor.....
View attachment 32511

D821 Greyhound & D1010 Western Campaigner Blue Anchor......

View attachment 32512

D1015 Western Champion & D821 Greyhound at Bishops Lideard......

View attachment 32513

D821 Greyhound from the Bishops Lideard booking hall.....

View attachment 32514

D1010 Western Campainger approaches Bishops Lideard......

View attachment 32515

Two of the undesirables who tend to frequent such events:rolleyes: ......

View attachment 32516

Will post a few more pics later;)

Phill:)

Last edited:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Great pics Phill:thumbs: except for the dodgy last one:))

Gutted i wasn't there.:( Obviously you missing the 3rd musketeer you didn't enjoy the gala as much;):))

Rob:)

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
I don't know, a couple of diesels and the thread gets replies unlike my gala with a black 5, jinty and the well tank.. ;)

JB.

Simon

Flying Squad
What fantastic pictures:thumbs:

Thanks for sharing them, how stupid BR were to scrap the Westerns:(

Simon

queensquare

Western Thunderer
Brilliant stuff. I normally get down to the WSR for their mixed traffic weekend but was too busy this year. Wish I'd rearranged my chores now having seen these pictures.

Jerry

Western Thunderer
:rolleyes: I dunno... we go on about posting pics of the real thing & pretending it's a model :( can't fool us mate - D832 looks waaaaay too clean in that double-header pic.... if you're going to photoshop a model Phill, at least weather it a bit first.... :p :rolleyes: :))

Do you mean the doubleheaded pic in the coach behind the dodgy glasses, in #1 ?. :)):))

.... got my passport, & i'm just about to leg it...... :oops:

Steve :cool:

Western Thunderer
Looks like you & Ross had a cracking weekend mate.

Did you pinch the destination paper ?. Ive a few from my spotting days, here at home.

Steve :cool:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Great pics Phill:thumbs: Just had a look on your flickr site. Very nice pics, especially the BR Blue stuff with wessies:D

Rob:)

Osgood

Western Thunderer
In the past I have not given any of those five classes of diesel featured above more than a fleeting glance (yes I know this is WT……:rolleyes:) - but I must admit these pictures have had a very positive influence on me!

The locos are superbly turned out and highly photogenic, making for some great images.

I also like the brown and cream Mk1s, and the grass platform!!

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Great pictures Phill, just for the record I think I put my sunglasses on because my eyes were stinging as I was so tired ha ha.. Phill's excuse could be something to do with his celebrity status :)
Was an excellent weekend and yes Rob we did miss you being the 3rd musketeer. Your stunt double John had an excellent time.

Thanks for posting Phill...

Kcocaep Ssor... :) :)

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
It's just a joke between Phill and I he has app what can play recordings fast, slow, forwards or backwards. . We were being very 'mature' and saying our names backwards and playing it back forward "spooky"
And nobody at this point was TA which probably makes it slightly more worrying... We were at a pub though "The Hankridge Arms Taunton"

Ross :)image-de2b55426090dd264bdd471ac5e97efc3c870acd02f884345e7ef7b1d087abeb-V.jpg

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Just caught up with this thread . Excellent images of the Western Regions finest traction in their maroon and green liveries .:drool: