Y6 Scratch Build

y6tram

I have been ask to build a Y6 tram engine for someone, and I thought maybe some of you will be interested how I go about it.
It will be a slow build as work gets in the way at this time of year. Others may do it differently, so comments will be most welcome.
So far I have done the side skirts along with the steps and fitted a Black Beetle motor bogie to the assembly.
Outwell Coaches 004.jpg

Outwell Coaches 003.jpg

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
I shall be watching this one. I purchased an Atlas 0-6-0 diesel shunter at telford for the intention of using it to make a tram engine AND before anyone says anything it going to be Toby for my daughter.

Rippers

Western Thunderer
Hmm - looking good............. even if it does look like one of the ingot carrier out of Scunthorpe Steelworks!

Incidentally you only had to say and I could have given you a Y6 kit to build!;)

y6tram

Tram build 004.jpg Tram build 005.jpg
Over the holiday period I have managed to some more work on the tram engine. The ends and sides have been put together.

Tram build 004.jpg

I have also made up the windows, eight in all and will be fixed to the body after painting.

Tram build 003.jpg

I used micro strip glued to glazing as the picture shows.

y6tram

WP_20150324_20_18_13_Pro.jpg More work done on the tram build,I have cut and shaped the roof . This time I have made the roof from brass, however this took a lot of head scratching as to how to fix it.
I came up with the idea of making a brass tube to represent the chimney with a nut soldered to the top to accept a bolt fixed to the inside of the funnel atop of the roof.
WP_20150324_20_20_45_Pro.jpg