Yorkshire Dave's DB (et al) pics

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Hi

Here are some of my DB pictures (and others may creep in) taken during the 1990's.
Dortmund.jpg

Ex DR 143 retaining it's original livery but with new DB ownership lettering stuck over the DR. Dortmund.

Koblenz.jpg

BR 110. Koblenz

Stuttgart 02.jpg

BR 103. Stüttgart.

Thun.jpg

BLS Re 4/4 on a postal train. Thun

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Is the German locomotive situation the same as Switzerland - where despite fleets of new traction the system is still awash with all the older 'jellymould' and even earlier Crocodile styles of locomotive? Every major yard you pass seems to have a line of these older electrics waiting to work. Makes you wonder if any locomotives get scrapped unless damaged beyond repair.

Bit of a contrast to the UK, where it seems that corporate madness and fragmentation policies conspire to get rid of anything which doesn't achieve 90% utilisation crazy.gif

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Similar, there are a few old electric and diesel locos around but I think these are owned by societies but allowed to run on DB metals. Here are some more and I know there is an E94 (DB crocodile), E18 and an electric unit. I have a picture of the E94 somewhere. The photos at Bullay, Wittlich and Trier were taken during the 2010 Dampfspektekal in the Eifel region.

0008 E10 Wittlich.jpg
Preserved BR110. Wittlich 2010

BR110 Köln.jpg
Preserved BR 110. Köln late 1990's

BR 103 Bullay.jpg
Preserved BR 103, Bullay 2010

Köf III Trier.jpg
Köf III. Trier 2010

024 BR 181 Bullay.jpg
BR 181. Bullay 2010