Yorkshire Dave's 'somewhere In The South'

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Following on from Chris Nevard's excellent pictures and discussions regarding lighting techniques here are a couple of my attempts to photograph a patrol 'somewhere in the south'. I have used a digital camera and was trying to take moonlightpictures using a single light source i.e. a blue/white LED torch and some pictures with a single light source.

My moonlight attempt.
Iden Road 110.jpg

Single low light source
Iden Road 105.jpg

Iden Road 109.jpg

And a black and white version
Iden Road 109a.jpg

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Chris

It's my own layout, well a test track actually as it's 8' long, which was at the CAMRAIL show in Bradford on Avon last month. I built it as my first O scale layout to try out track building and scenery techniques. A few more photos below.

Jordan - I thought I'd try other lighting angles which Iis my version of O Winston Link.

Iden Road 11.jpg

Iden Road 17.jpg

Iden Road 18.jpg

AdamF

Western Thunderer
What a stunning model - I especially like the view over the level crossing in the second pic, so atmospheric :thumbs:

Very inspiring :thumbs: More pics of the other end please!!

Chris Nevard

Western Thunderer
Ah! I remember well now, it's amazing how a close up photo can transform one into a little world unrestrctied by baseboard edges. I really like the shot with the Terrier on the crossing on your latest set, the backscene and lighting work so well wih the modelling, a luminious quality.

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Like them photos Dave :) Very impressed with your figure painting too, especially the chap with the bicycle - makes a very nice composition.

If this is the test piece, what do you have in mind for the layout proper?