3 Links Gallery Of All Things Western Region

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
P1060221-1.JPGP1060216-1.JPGP1060204-1.JPGP1060202-1.JPG

It's funny how you only notice things are not quite finished once you have pressed the "create thread button" :headbang:.

Go easy on me guys, this is my first gallery so constructive criticism only :D, and first job will be out with the airbrush to tone the greenery down :thumbs:.

ATB, Martyn.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Those models look great Martyn :drool::):cool:..........If you took your diorama outdoors for a photo session & took advantage of the natural light, they would look even better IMO :thumbs:
Mind you have done much better than me, as every pic I try to take indoors is a complete disaster :oops:

Cheers Phill

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Nice one Martyn, you've created that grimy workstained look on the loco, oil on the wheels which tended to get splayed about and soaked into the dirt and soot and the faded worn effects on the wagons:thumbs:
It's also the colour differentiation ( ha, didn't know I could spell that) on the various parts, body, chassis etc.

ATB, Col:D

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Hi Guys,

Thank you for all your encouraging words and advice it is most appreciated, and if the sun comes out later I will try a few more shots in natural daylight :thumbs:. I will put up my 57xx next, as it does not take up so much space and I can squeeze in a bit more rolling stock behind it :rolleyes::D .

ATB, Martyn.

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
You could build a longer display piece..... or maybe a Cynric-style diorama..... or maybe a hump yard:)

Hi Graham,

As you can see from the first shot you could be right and I have reached the end of the line :eek:, mind you when does a diorama become a plank, and when does a plank become a layout :confused::D.

P1060239-1.JPG

P1060229-1.JPG

P1060232-1.JPGP1060241-1.JPG

As you can see the milk tanker which is one of two still needs the weathering treatment along with the B set, and thanks Phill for the advice as you can see these were taken outside today and I think the pictures look so much sharper and the natural shadows give it more depth in my opinion :thumbs:.

ATB, Martyn.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
They all look pretty good to me Martyn, I do like the diorama and back scene:thumbs: that's the sort of thing that I was trying to create but I haven't got to doing the back scene yet:'(

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I do like the .... back scene:thumbs: that's the sort of thing that I was trying to create but I haven't got to doing the back scene yet:'(

I am not surprised that you have not got round "tuit" yet. If you do try to paint a backscene then I think that I could make a tidy sum from selling tickets..... not for you doing the painting, more for what will follow when someone else sees you doing so!

From what you have shown me of Chris's artistic skills, a backscene by Your Good Lady will be worth seeing.

28ten

Guv'nor
I think you need a base about 3ft long, anything much bigger and it is too hard to move. Mind you if you have two completed locos it must be layout building time :)

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
I think you need a base about 3ft long, anything much bigger and it is too hard to move. Mind you if you have two completed locos it must be layout building time :)

Funnily enough the layout plans are coming along nicely :thumbs:

ATB, Martyn.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Even better in natural light Martyn :):cool:

Did you find the Slaters 6 wheeler a straight forward build?.....I do hope you will build the next one on here, as I would love to see one go together:), as I have a few of these to do ;)

Cheers Phill :thumbs:

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Did you find the Slaters 6 wheeler a straight forward build?.....

Well there's a long story behind the first build which was no fault of my own :mad:, the first tanker was going together very well until I tried to fit the spill plates (tread plates) and they did not fit by about 4mm ? So after much head scratching it turned out that they had supplied me with the wrong solebars and underframe, I should have known something was wrong when I had to extend the brake linkages :(. So on contacting Mr White he was being his usual "tight wad " self and he offered to reluctantly supply just new sole bars only, bearing in mind that I secure my axle guards with Araldite for longevity and that I had already fitted more extra detail like brake rod safety bars !! Well to be honest I lost it with him in the end and reminded him that the Reading exhibition was coming up shortly, and that I would personally come and see him and that I would still be "very" angry with the way I had been treated. Next day a complete new underframe kit arrived on the doormat courtesy of his daughter Lorna, who is lucky that she has not inherited her Father's genes ;) . I would not usually name and shame but David could really do with going on a customer care course, it's was not as though it was my fault, apart from that I really rate his kits :thumbs::D.

Funnily enough I have just started another 6 wheeled tanker, so I will start a thread before I get any further :thumbs:.

ATB, Martyn.

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
I had the same trouble with a supplier of class 22 models quite some time ago but it was sorted very amicably and to both parties satisfaction, very pleased for you enjoy the build and lets have loads of pictures one day I might get my kit building head back on.