40126's 16T Mineral Wagons Workbench

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
I know mate :D, Goin to give them another coat tonight

Steve :cool:

I find the trick is to get just enough paint on to cover the model & it looks you are doing this too so far :thumbs: ........same goes for top coats IMO (too much obliterates the detail ;))

Phill :thumbs:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
More coats less paint is the buzz saying, Just like bread and butter the butter should be spread thinly and evenly so as not to ruin the taste of the bread. Simples

The Penguin Of Doom

Western Thunderer
Hi there.

Just found this thread whilst trying to find the correct body width measurements of a 16t mineral. Does anyone know on here?

Nice work on the wagons Steve, I have a short rake to work on when I get the time.

Cheers.

Sean.

Last edited:

markjj

Western Thunderer
Hi there.

Just found this thread whilst trying to find the correct body width measurements of a 16t mineral. Does anyone know on here?

Cheers.

Sean.

The only accurate drawing that I can find is the LMS D2109 version and that has the dimension of 8'7" at its widest point if that's any help.

Regards

Mark J

Lyndhurstman

Western Thunderer
More coats less paint is the buzz saying, Just like bread and butter the butter should be spread thinly and evenly so as not to ruin the taste of the bread. Simples

The taste of the BREAD? What? That chemical blandness, or the overdose of sugar? :) Butter before bread. And thick, with peanut butter mixed in ;)

Cheers

Jan