Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Jordan said:
Interstate 294 has 'armco' crash barriers in place

Hi Jordan,

could I ask where you sourced your Armco barrier - I've found details of the real thing, but had no luck with the scale (7mm) version.

regards

Mike

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Jordan said:
I also have two old Atlas Plymouth switchers; marked for my fictitious Shortline, a quite remarkable Railroad that currently has two locos, a caboose, several 40ft boxcars, ... and no track..... ::) :eek: :-[
c24c78b9.jpg

:D ;D

I saw one of the Atlas RSD15s on eBay recently; that's a lot of loco for the money.  Could be converted to a CP RSD17 too.  Mind you, I still haven't done the HO one I started a year or two ago...

Steph

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
looking realy good Jordan, especially like the last picture and referal...................

cheers

Mike

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
That's it got my fix I am now happy with the American thing and forgive them for throwing us out of our own property because they didn't want to pay tax. Oh by the way you can keep the Boston tea chests as we aren't moving yet :)) :)) Nice loco Jordan me old fruit

Ian

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Jordan said:
Cheers Mike - it certainly was a good day, and the layout seemed to be well received, too. My Operating Crew was AWOL most of the day, operating another layout!!
On his occasional returns (mainly for food & drink) he kept asking why so many of the layouts use DCC... I think he's trying to tell his old man he's a Luddite who should get into the 21st Century.... ::) :-[ :shit:
Hi Jordan glad to hear you had a good day :thumbs:
I have two daughters that keep telling me i live in the past and i should get a life when it comes to computers.  ;D I just mention lack of taste in music etc :)) But as they always seem to have an answer these days they reply " your the one needing the help on the computer" :headbang: :headbang:

Rob :wave:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Jordan,

glad all went well, although it seems that it will be costing you money soon to entice the Crew to do a repeat performance.

cheers

Mike

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Hi Jordan  :wave: Glad the show went ok... Just been looking at photos and its very nice, Q: Is that "Bullitts"  ford mustang on the road scene?
:thumbs: :thumbs: Excellent work, maybe our newest edition can be a "little helper" for me one day........  :wave: :wave:
Ross......

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Glad you enjoyed itz mate pity the blue engine wasn't rostered though one day I will see it in the flesh

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
:eek: Fame (of sorts) at last for Schiller Point... It has made the latest "Scrapbook" page of the Late Carl Arendt's famous MicroLayouts Web Site...
http://carendt.com/scrapbook/page108/index.html 4th layout down...:D
Possibly not a regular place to visit for many Thunderers, but the site is being maintained and occasionally added to by some Enthusiasts following Carl's death late last year.

As for Schiller Point, I wrote to Continental Modeller about it; they like it, but I'm still waiting to hear from their Freelance photographer to arrange to come and take some decent pictures of it....

Congratulations Jordan, it's cool to be recognised... :D Time to stop hiding random lights under bushells and step towards the front of the class. ;)

Don't expect great things from Continental Modeller or their itinerant photographer. One member of this forum was so disappointed with their 'helicopter's eye view' of his (prairie-set) layout and inability to colour grade the images or even frame them properly that he subsequently declined to write the article. Having seen the pictures, I don't blame him either. :mad:

Steph

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
Congratulations, so, tribute dark side from eh, must be nice to be in the front row when it comes to achievment. It looks like you have moved forward quite a good many rows now.
Nice to see someone else in the spotlight, well done.
Alan

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Well done Jordan, you must be very pleased with the layout. I have to say, as you already know, im not a fan of american stuff even if my dad tries to convert me but your compact layout is a credit to you:bowdown:. I hope you get to show it off at lots of exhibitions over the next few years:thumbs:

Rob