7mm scale GWR 2884

Badger

Does anyone make a kit for the 2884 class 2-8-0 locomotive, or can the Slaters one be converted. If so what would that entail?

Regards
Bob

markjj

Western Thunderer
Scorpio/ Severn models do one if you are a guild member they list it in the gazette quite often I don't know what it's like or how it builds up though. JLTRT had one on their to do list a few years back but it never appeared. As for Slaters one I think it's quite a major job to convert I do believe there was once a discussion online possibly on Rmweb about what it would entail so a search there might find your answer. I'm hoping someone like MOK will do one one day....

Mark J

Badger

Thanks for your replies and help. I have contacted Dave Ennis and he has sent me his current price list, and I have read Jazz's build on RM web. All I now need to do is find the cash!

Best wishes

Bob

Badger

I emailed David on Wednesday, he made no mention of it. I hope it isn't to soon I need to get funds to buy the 2884.

Bob

ps thanks for the pictures Brian it has made me more determined to get one

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
I would have one of these 2884's off you tomorrow Pete, after all I have reminded you and pestered you at Telford now for the last 4 years :rolleyes:.

Martyn.

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Cheers Pete,

I can understand that kit developing is a long term project, and I'm sure it will be worth it in the end and I for one will be buying one.

There's nothing like the sound of flange squeal on 6 foot radius curves :D.

Martyn.