Beattie's infamous resin 24

marsa69

Western Thunderer
I worked as a steward on a railtour when I was but a lad. The tour was by a company called T&N Railtours and we took a jolly trip from the burbs of Manchester all the way down to Penzance. This ran on the 9th November 1985. This was firmly at the height of the Blue era.

The moral of this tale?

The loco which powered that trip was Class 40 D200 in green with full yellow ends! It had D200 on one end and 40122 on the other just to remind everyone what era it was :p So what Jordan said is valid so nerr! And it was the first time one of those buggers had been allowed to work by itself to Penzance I think. The tour was the Penzance Fryer :D What a trip that was :thumbs:

778762_orig.jpg
Copyright Roger Geach 1985

Sorry for the OT straying :oops:

Cheers,

Mark

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Wow that brings back a few good memories. The other celebrity locomotive if I remember rightly was 40 106 it never was elevated to the glorious BLUE status but got TOPS numbers and a BLUE TOPS panel and full yellow ends.

S

SteveO

Me and the littleman have just got back from a lovely day out at East Grinstead May Day Parade. We travelled in style at the back in the Observation Coach.
IMG_1827.JPGIMG_1828.JPG

While he is having a quick snooze, I popped into the scorching loft to take a few snaps of the resin bodyshell. I'm surprised it's not a puddle in the box - it must be 50 degrees up there!
IMG_1840.JPGIMG_1841.JPGIMG_1842.JPG
IMG_1843.JPG

I also have a built one I bought off a member here. He hasn't shown up for ages though. The trouble is I need a complete set of etchings for the kit and some replacements for the built model as that one has been built without too much attention to prototype...

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Well Steve the 24 doesnt look as bad as i thought it would. Not sure about dimensions but from the pics im sure you can make a nice looking loco.:thumbs:. Are these all resin body kits still available from Peter Clarke, as he now owns the Steve Beattie range ??.

Rob:)

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Didn't you see Phill's old one at the back of the convoy thank god for 5amp controllers:))

S

SteveO

Well Steve the 24 doesnt look as bad as i thought it would. Not sure about dimensions but from the pics im sure you can make a nice looking loco.:thumbs:. Are these all resin body kits still available from Peter Clarke, as he now owns the Steve Beattie range ??.

Rob:)
Rob, I'm pretty sure PC only bought the cabs and engine kits. If he's got the bodies too I'll put in a call - he's more likely to answer the phone than old Stevie!

S

SteveO

Do you have the etch grills Steve?
Unfortunately not - no etches at all on the kit and I'll need another grill set for the built one as they have been put on with Playdough... There's no way they are coming off in one piece!

S

SteveO

Didn't you see Phill's old one at the back of the convoy thank god for 5amp controllers:))
That was a good video. When I get these sorted out plus a few wagons I'll be looking for an invite onto the line too!

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
But not for loco's that look like someone has been sick over them (Courus livery):)):))only joking mate you know I dont mean it:rolleyes:

S

SteveO

While you Blue boys are digging up washers to fix your years of under-funded locos you may as well sit back and watch a couple of the Old Originals whizz round.

Ooh, a Corus Rail 24. That's got me thinking.... Or how about Stobart? It's blue!

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
And may I add you are a very sick individual!!!!!!!!! a class 24 in Corus throw up livery you are sick man, sick

S

SteveO

They are ancient. I'm thinking around 10+ years old. It's a marvel that any have survived in roughly the same shape they started out as.

I heard a couple years ago Steve put all of his remaining resin stock on ebay and they all went for bargains with quite a few people buying more than one each. I'll give him a call later to see if he can do me some etches. I'm not holding my breath though...