1/32 Devoran Quay

SimonT

Western Thunderer
The first of the two short videos had me confused, I was thinking Lycoming until Greyhound hove into view and the sound became more rail like.

Bee - Barp!

Simon

Flying Squad
Thanks very much Jonathan, I don't know what the speed restriction for running across a C10 crossover is but I'm certain it was exceeded!

In fact there is still a little bit of voltage drop, although nothing like there was and I know just what to do to eliminate it. If you time the circuits knowing that one "revolution" is equal to 1.05 scale miles then the speed of circuit one is hard to judge as the train starts from zero, but circuit two averages around 60mph whilst the manic one is about 70mph I think, although the fastest stretch is through the station and across the big bridge behind the shed and I'm guessing scale speed here is a deal greater.

What I hope to achieve over this holiday is the turning down of the wheels on my G1mc coaches so that they will run through the point work, I will then be able to run a 4 coach "express" which will look a bit more at home on these high speed workings.

Up trains can run straight through, but of course would have to slow for a token exchange in reality, apart from when the box is switched out:p

Oh yes, I can do signalling fantasy as well:rolleyes:

In the meantime it's just great being able to run the loco properly for as long as I like, roll on more daylight - only one more week and the days start getting longer:thumbs:

Simon

D6356

Western Thunderer
Simon, A feather in your cap, it looks brilliant enjoyed the 5 minutes as you say runs well , hope you have many more days fun.
Robert

Simon

Flying Squad
Would look even better at a scale 20/30 mph IMO.......surprised to see track power running so well at this time of year though :thumbs:

Absolutely, I'm looking forward to getting all the bogie bolsters out and running a nice slow freight, I'm trying to resuscitate our Veho "Muvi" mini cam as the quality is pretty good and I can mount it in a "guard's eye view" position, but only when I can find its clippy bracket thing which seems to have gone awol:rolleyes:

I'm hoping a certain holiday visitor might have got himself a GoPro Hero from Santa that could be tried out on the line;)

Otherwise I'm a bit tied up with the books at the moment, I'm just sorting out a bit of a revolutionary expansion of my activities for 2015 and beyond...

Simon

krimson

I'm a bit tied up with the books at the moment, I'm just sorting out a bit of a revolutionary expansion of my activities for 2015

I presume that you are referring to the announcement on the Titfield website.
Congratulations and every success for 2015 and beyond.

Simon

Flying Squad
Grabbed a bit of time in the garden before it got too dark, used Lesley's Kodak camera for a few videos which are slightly better quality than those from my Coolpix.

I quite like this one, complete with festive emergency vehicle:p

And over the bridge...

Simon

Last edited:

Simon

Flying Squad
Pretty chilly today, but that didn't stop me dragging Cookie out into the garden to run a train or two.

Exeter control decided to deploy the full four coaches in honour of our guest:)

After a few runs and with a bit of tail traffic added, freshly caught rabbits maybe?

Fourcoach.jpg

And running east at some speed:

No bee barps, the operator was suffering from near frostbite I think:p

And over the bridge again:

Simon

queensquare

Western Thunderer
Kim and I had a fantastic day out with Simon, Cookie and the boys on Sunday - dog walk, pint by the canal and some playing trains although not many pictures as Simon had a few battery problems. Even Lesley was spotted watching the train on occasions out of the window which circled the garden whilst we ate despite her claim to be MrsBeaching - a really top day:)

Simon, the film is great, particularly the wheel on rail sounds on the second one. The coaches look superb. How did they cope with the pointwork?

cheers Jerry

Simon

Flying Squad
Very badly and at very slow speed:eek:

If I have any New Year's resolution then it must be to get on and use my lathe, the wheels in those coaches are the first job - seeing them running was so fantastic that I think I might just manage it. Great to see you and Kim too, thanks for your company, Cookie headed back last night but only after lots of train nattering:)

We also hatched a cunning plan for a semi joint project for Southern parcels stock, starting with a van C, but Steve then pointed out that we ought to tackle our etched brass PMV kits first (we have one apiece) and so the race is on!

I started punching bolt heads into the etch last night and have done a bit more preparation and worked out what most of all the bits are, I might start a separate thread to encourage/embarrass us both:p

Down to the shed this morning I hope....

Simon

Simon

Flying Squad
Happy to report that the first trains of the New Year were run yesterday when Dave #2 came over.

The second wireless Multimaus handset was "christened" and for a while a British train circulated together with a North American one, until the Gp15 started limping and was failed at the Junction. D6319 carried on running into the afternoon:thumbs:

firstrun 002.jpg

We discussed various plans for the coming year, including a nice dark and dank tunnel for the line:eek:

Bee-Baaaaarp!

Simon

Simon

Flying Squad
A chilly but lovely day saw Dave and I out for another D6319 Groundhog day - we must get some other trains built....

I bit the bullet and cut out the bridge, which lifts in and out nicely.

Tun1.jpg

I wired it all up to some plug connectors, having turned the bridge over for better access the deck complete with track promptly fell off! Moisture and then rust seems to have crept in between the epoxy and steel deck:confused:

Cleaned up and back to bare metal for second gluing attempt when its warmer, it all works fine just laid in place.

We also mocked up a tunnel mouth, first attempt:

Tun2.jpg

modified to:

Tun3.jpg

I think the second looks too much like a bridge, more masonry on top maybe? I have glued it alltogether and shall have fun with filler and paint to determine the final version.

And finally groundhog day coming through the bridge and taken against the sun.

Tun4.jpg

A nice day despite the bridge falling apart:p

Simon