Evening All

queensquare

Western Thunderer
Thought I should introduce myself although its good to see there are many familiar names and faces on here.
I've been making things since I was a wee lad. Like many I left the hobby in my late teens when beer and girls proved more interesting but returned in my twenties with the arrival of my eldest son (he's now twenty five and didn't take up the hobby despite my building him a trainset!).
Most of my own modelling is in 2mm Finescale although I do dabble in 7mm. My main interest is in the railways of the west country, particularly the SDJR and my own fictitious North Somerset Light Railway, in the 1920's although I have a growing (Kim says unhealthy) fondness for WR diesels in the early 70's - my spotting years.
My little 2FS layout, Highbury colliery has been around for well over a decade now and is soon to be joined on the exhibition circuit by the eastern terminus of the NSLR, Tucking Mill. My long term (over twenty years and counting) project is a 2FS model of Bath Queensquare set in the 1920's.

Jerry

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Did someone dial Plumbers4U? :p

Welcome to the fruitcake house Jerry, make yourself at home except for the back row, that's taken :D

Mark

queensquare

Western Thunderer
Hello & Welcome Jerry :):thumbs:

UNHEALTHY !!!!! :eek::eek::eek: .........OMG, what's all that about then ? :confused: :D ;)

Kim doesn't like the diseasels - she thinks its a mid life crisis now I'm rapidly closing in on 50! Don't worry, I think they look rather good on the colliery and a certain Mr Nevard of this parish took some cracking shots for an upcoming article.

Jerry

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
I ain't got there yet don't spoil it:) , hello and welcome to the forum. I must state here and now a disclaimer I am not responsible in any way shape or form for my actions and inability to control the amount sarcasm and whit you will be subjected too taking part in on this Plumbers merchants paradise:)). Oh one further thing don't play up as they do nasty things to your avatar:)).

Ian (pretending OC Blue Brigade)

S

SteveO

Good to have you here Jerry. A big fan of Highbury and the developing Tucking Mill, and just in awe of Queensquare canopy. You must have a very steady hand and a super iron!
Steve

Simon

Flying Squad
Welcome, we may be divided by scale but we are united and "Glorious"* in our Prussian Blue:thumbs:

That should please (nearly) everyone else:))

Alfred

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Alfred, I do hope that you are not intending to provoke another outburst of blu-itis... whilst there are a number of WT members who might be happy with Blue of a Prussian shade there are far too many voices who scream about references to any livery other than "corporate" image.

Maybe we can ask Jordan to re-decorate the rest room, in different shades of the "colour which must not be named". For example, one wall in Chromatic, one wall in Electric, one wall in Corporate, ceiling in grey, floor in Western Rainbow (a result of slopped tea and crumbled ginger nuts - note no chocolate tinge to the carpet, everyone eats their Tiffin).