7mm HELP

PeteB

Hi all
It's been a while, hope all is well.

I've started building a DJH A2 Peppercorn 4-6-2 (K336). The prototype I'm building being 60533 "Happy Knight"
The one thing I need help with is the lube pipping from the two mechanical lubricators fitted to the lefthand side.
I have gone through pics, images, videos and books but cannot find where these lube pipes go.
On Tornado, I know this is a modern interpretation of the original prototypes, the pipes originate from unions on the side of the lubricators and through
90 degs head towards the inside of the footplate.
All the pics of Blue Peter show everything except a close up of said lubricators, which I can only assume would be the same as Happy Knight.
The lubricators supplied with the kit has the unions facing downwards, so do they pass through the footplate, or bend at 90 degs heading towards the inside of the footplate as on Tornado.
The instructions have no detail on this, just were to fit the lubricators with no indication of lube pipes.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
Pete

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Hi Pete.

Happy Knight was an A2. Tornado is an A1. Therefore the pipe runs etc are pretty sure to be different at least in detail, although no doubt someone will be along very soon (Mickoo?) who'll give you chapter and verse. In the meantime I'll look through my collection to see if there's anything which may help.

Brian

Lyndhurstman

Western Thunderer
Hello Pete

I would expect them to run across the footplate, over the edge, and along the inside of the frames. Purely for ease of fitting and subsequent access for maintenance.

Cheers

Jan

PeteB

Thank you gentleman.

Brian, hope you are well.
Yeah, I did know that Tornado is an A1, one of those .........Now you come to mention it ........moments.
I only put in A2 Blue Peter for the search for vids, pics etc and most of the pics etc were of Tornado!!!!
The only pics I have of Happy Knight is in a few books I have bought, hardly any on the net, but that's ok as I do have all the info I need
except about the lubricators.
As always, thank you.

Hi Jan,
Unless someone can come up with a definitive answer I will have to go with your reasoning. If there are no pics etc, them nobody can
say "that's wrong";)
Thank you

Pete

chigley

Western Thunderer
Hi all
It's been a while, hope all is well.

I've started building a DJH A2 Peppercorn 4-6-2 (K336). The prototype I'm building being 60533 "Happy Knight"
The one thing I need help with is the lube pipping from the two mechanical lubricators fitted to the lefthand side.
I have gone through pics, images, videos and books but cannot find where these lube pipes go.
On Tornado, I know this is a modern interpretation of the original prototypes, the pipes originate from unions on the side of the lubricators and through
90 degs head towards the inside of the footplate.
All the pics of Blue Peter show everything except a close up of said lubricators, which I can only assume would be the same as Happy Knight.
The lubricators supplied with the kit has the unions facing downwards, so do they pass through the footplate, or bend at 90 degs heading towards the inside of the footplate as on Tornado.
The instructions have no detail on this, just were to fit the lubricators with no indication of lube pipes.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
Pete
Hello Pete, if you go to wikipedia peppercorn a2, scroll down to a small pic of blue peter, and click on it. you will get a full screen
picture and enlarge it, it shows the lubricators with no pipes out the side quite clearly. by Hugh Llewelyn, hope this helps

good luck Ken

PeteB

Ken,
The perfect pic, I've been through soooooooo many pics/vids etc and there it is. :headbang:
If you look hard, you can see the pipes coming out the bottom and through 90 degs head towards the inside of the footplate.
So, with Jan's reasoning and your pic, the mystery of the pipes has been solved. :)
Together with some pics from Brian, all the stars have finally aligned.

Gentleman, Thank you so much.

Pete