7mm Heyside: 7mm L&Y, late 50s/early 60s

Simon

Flying Squad
Hi Jon,

Hi Simon,

I've not seen the MRJ yet, as I pick up my copies at shows. Are you now doing the subscription copies?

Richard

No, I'm nothing to do with the magazines, but the pallet of MRJs was in front of the pallet of LNER 4Bs so
I had to move them out of the way and took a look inside.

The article itself talks about building the locos but there is a very nice pic of them on Heyside, suitably captioned.

Simon

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
No, I'm nothing to do with the magazines, but the pallet of MRJs was in front of the pallet of LNER 4Bs so
I had to move them out of the way and took a look inside.

The article itself talks about building the locos but there is a very nice pic of them on Heyside, suitably captioned.

Simon

Thank you Simon,

I'll have to find my writing paper and a stamp:)

Richard

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi Richard, will you put a sound chip in your Rebuilt Scot, if so what one will it be?

Len

Hi Len,

I'm not sure. I would like to, but with a Crailcrest providing the power, a 4 amp chip in and the boiler leaded and sealed, I have precious little room in the loco. Besides which, the chip is Digitrax, and I'm not aware that they do Scot sounds for the add-on sound chip!

I don't have to think about it for a while as it's a fair way down the build order.

Cheers,

Richard

Scanlon

Western Thunderer
Wow that looks nice, is it the Severn kit?
As bilboe43106 says this is the Seven Models kit but greatly enhanced with Ragstone fittings replacing many of the lost wax castings provided. The whitemetal castings for the bulbous steampipes etc. are of course unique to the kit and had to be used and some left a lot to be desired. Weathering will greatly enhance the loco. I've been asked if I'd build another, well I'd think carefully but.................? Who knows?