Introducing myself

Montacute

Montacute = Bob Alderman.
Some of you may know me from my contributions to the Gauge 0 Guild Gazette. I am a member of the Guild's Technical Committte.
I have been modelling since Airfix kits were only available in Woolworths. The usual train sets evolved into modelling in EM and subsequently into 0 gauge. My layout "Albion Quarry" appears for the final time at the forthcoming York show. However in the wings there is a 16mm narrow gauge LAYOUT based on a corner of Dinorwic Quarry. Paused at the moment whilst the size is reconsidered. To keep me busy I am just starting a small 0 gauge layout following the precepts of Colonel Stephens.
I ama founding member of Yeovil Model railway Group. You may know our layout "GasWorks" and have may have seen the EM layout "South Junction".
In my time I have made a number of locomotives on commision and similarly scenery for a nearby railway. Such work has now ceased in favour of purely selfish modelling.
I have also had a hand in the creation of Tornado, starting with the scanning of the drawings at the NRM.
The day job used to be aeronautical engineering design.
Bob

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
And all because of Cynric's thread on the Easybuild DMU.... come on Bob, be honest and own up to building one for a S&C layout...

* how far have you got?
* where are the pictures?
* what is the livery?

Welcome and just join in.

regards, Graham

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Albion Quarry - new one to me so just googled it. What a great little scheme! Full of character. Welcome (I'm fairly new too and, with no previous modelling achievememts to show, am still on clubhouse cleaning duty - but your portfolio will get you directly onto the tea/coffee making rota).

Tony