7mm Invermire

mike knowles

Shame that its outing in June clashes with the GOG Doncaster show; any other dates booked?

It certainly is a shame as I intended to go to the Doncaster Show but having promised Ken Gibbons at the Hull club we'd take it, it would have been rude to change our minds! Should have checked the dates.

No other shows booked as yet (unless any other organisers out there are interested). Note the layout is obviously far from complete so is being exhibited as a work in progress, in reality an extended test session.

The Penguin Of Doom

Western Thunderer
Hi all.

I've managed to resize a few pictures of my 26s and 27 (well, Chubhill has), and so here are some from our work in progress, "Invermire" which we displayed at the Hull MRS show yesterday. It was a thoroughly enjoyable day and, despite the layout being "under test", it ran extremely well with only a few little niggles to sort out.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Cheers.

Sean.

Western Thunderer
Hi all.

I've managed to resize a few pictures of my 26s and 27 (well, Chubhill has), and so here are some from our work in progress, "Invermire" which we displayed at the Hull MRS show yesterday. It was a thoroughly enjoyable day and, despite the layout being "under test", it ran extremely well with only a few little niggles to sort out.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Cheers.

Sean.
Hi Sean,

I just get boxes with ? Marks inside, no pics :eek:

Steve :cool:

mike knowles

The photos as originally posted by Sean show up full size on my computer.

On your post there is a prompt saying "click to expand". Clicking this shows all the photos but at reduced size. Hovering the cursor over each photo brings up a prompt saying "click to show full sized version". Doing this does bring up the full size version. Hope this helps.
Do the photos I've posted show as full size?

daifly

Western Thunderer
Hi Sean,

I just get boxes with ? Marks inside, no pics :eek:

Steve :cool:

Me too, although I think that I did see them earlier. Just placeholders remain.

The photos as originally posted by Sean show up full size on my computer.

On your post there is a prompt saying "click to expand". Clicking this shows all the photos but at reduced size. Hovering the cursor over each photo brings up a prompt saying "click to show full sized version". Doing this does bring up the full size version. Hope this helps.
Do the photos I've posted show as full size?

If you clear your cache and then reload the page are the photos still there?

All of your photos show perfectly and full size.

mike knowles

Following on from post #18, a bit of detail on the wiring of the track.
Whilst initial testing had been carried out using temporary wiring and wedging of the point blades with off cuts of sleeper material we then needed to get the points fully operational and the permanent wiring installed.
Tie bars from JLTRT have been employed, a simple two part etch glued together with a paper gasket between them to provide electrical isolation. I know some people dismiss the use of rigid tie bars soldered to the point blades but so far they have worked fine, hopefully the slow motion of the point motors should minimise the risk of failures. See photo below.

RSCN4373.JPG

Under the baseboards now.
The points are operated by Tower Pro SG90 servos attached to mounts available as kits from MERG, as are the servo control boards. The mounts contain small SPST switches to change frog polarity. An additional switch can also be fitted to give visual indication of route setting on a control panel if required. See photos below.

RSCN4316.JPG RSCN4317.JPG RSCN4314.JPG

For the power feeds to the track, droppers wires were fitted to each individual piece of rail (soldered to the bottom of the rail prior to fitting it). Note only one dropper wire is fitted to each length of rail, fitting numerous wires to each rail (for safety’s sake) just seems to cause additional work and shows an admission that your soldering isn’t up to scratch! Well that’s my opinion for what it’s worth! These dropper wires are then soldered to lengths of OO flexitrack glued to the underside of the baseboards which act as bus bars, to me much neater then wavy length of bare copper wire. A seven pin din plug provides connection to the power box (containing a Lenz 5amp transformer and LX100 base station. A Lenz LA150 panel provides connection for the hand throttles. See photo below.

[DSCN4319.jpg

Inter board connections are via pluggable terminal strips, the male halves fastened to the boards and fly leads made up using the female halves. Saves the hassle of soldering wires to 25pin din plugs. See photos below.

RSCN4321.jpg RSCN4323.jpg

adrian

Flying Squad
These dropper wires are then soldered to lengths of OO flexitrack glued to the underside of the baseboards which act as bus bars, to me much neater then wavy length of bare copper wire.
A neat idea - one that I think I'll shamelessly nick as I've just been soldering dropper wires to track and that is going to be the next stage.