Larkrail

D6331

Western Thunderer
Well it remind me of Rocky Horror - - "its just a jump to the left, and a step to the right, with your hands on your hips..." I must have been at The Shop during this malarky

Thanks Simon for such a lovely venue and all the organising that it entails. Lovely hall and super tea etc - "muchas gracias" as they say - the pub was nice too and the single London Pride I supped went down a treat.

Great bunch of folk - great show - great shop too - I now have far too many books.. or do I? ;)

Roger

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves.:).

Those Warships look FANTASTIC:bowdown::bowdown: , along with the 22's:thumbs:. But the D600 looks the dogs danglies. I would like to see some more pics of that.;) Although putting all this temptation in front of me to scale up to 1/32 isnt helping:rolleyes:....i must resist.

Mind you god only knows what i'll be like if Fred brings out a western:eek:

Rob:)

Dikitriki

Flying Squad

Those Warships look FANTASTIC:bowdown::bowdown: , along with the 22's:thumbs:. But the D600 looks the dogs danglies. I would like to see some more pics of that.;) Although putting all this temptation in front of me to scale up to 1/32 isnt helping:rolleyes:....i must resist.

The D600 looks absolutely fantastic. The casting was flawless, both in the construction of the master, and the production of the one-piece casting. It was also great to see 1/32 running in Simon's garden. What a great scale for outdoors.

Richard

taliesin

Western Thunderer

Have you seen my posting under the D600 thread per chance? cheers Rob

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
I have just got home from a cracking day out, bear in mind i live near Cambridge which is not exactly just down the road but it was well worth the journey. It was great to meet up with some fellow WTers, some known to me, but some were met today for the 1st time.

So in no particular order, i had the pleasure of meeting Steph Dale who kindly explained the mysteries of DCC to me as i am a complete spoon when it comes to DCC, i have got as far as buying a system which still remains in its box, while there i got to look at his new range of gearboxes which look good, no scratch that, they look exceedingly good and although designed with O Gauge in mind i see no reason why they could not be used for Gauge 1 as well, which could prove to be very useful for me, watch this space !

Next up was Cookie with his super Aster Castle, i admit to having Aster's myself and i reckon Steve has done a really top job with his, you really need to see it in the flesh, then go see your local friendly Bank Manager etc etc.
No pictures of the Castle as there are plenty on here already but here is one of something else Cookie bought along,
View attachment 23099

A rather cute Ruston utilising the superb John Dale 'old originals' kit, i believe the rights have been passed to a certain book seller in Bath who really should remove a digit from a certain orifice and make them available again,
no excuses for not sampling Gauge 1 folks, this is your way in.

Next up was Steve Harrod, aka Mr Tiger Viking of Worcester Road fame who bought along some of his Diesels for mere mortals such as myself to drool over, i will let the pictures do the talking,
View attachment 23100

View attachment 23101

View attachment 23102

View attachment 23103

Now here is something you do not see every day,
View attachment 23104

I must admit i spent ages with Steve, asking multiple questions to help with my own class 22 build, really helpful and another top fella. Fred Phipps turned up with a D600 body for Steve, but i will post the pictures on the existing D600 thread shortly.

I found time to wander down to Da Shop, picked up a copy of Diesels in the West Country which i can confirm is rather stinky, but has some excellent images within, also a S/H bargain and last but not least a Slaters Milk Tanker kit to trundle behind the 22.
Altogether a wonderful show and i look forward to attending again next year, a top job Simon,

cheers to all, Rob (who also treated himself to a haircut in Bath)

Hi Rob
It was really good to meet you and much respect to you from travelling all the way from Cambridge to support Simon's show. Yes even I managed to purchase that smelly book from Simon's shop and a very good book it is too.
Rob you now have my email address so if you get stuck on anything with the D6300'er drop me a line and I will help to resolve.
I will keep my eye out on your thread to see how you are getting on.
Keep up the modelling.
Regards
Mr TV

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
Hi Simon and all who exhibited, demonstrated & attended the Larkhill show, Thanks for a fantastic day. I really enjoyed the show and meeting lots of people along with putting faces to some Western Thunder'ers. The standard of modelling was insperational.
Thanks must also go to Lesley, Dave & Captain Kernow for the catering and constant supply of tea and that very tasty fruit cake.
I finally managed to get to visit The Titfield Thunderbolt bookshop after the show had finished and probaly like the rest of us who visited made a purchase or two.
Looking foward to next years show allready.
Cheers
Mr TV

taliesin

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob
It was really good to meet you and much respect to you from travelling all the way from Cambridge to support Simon's show. Yes even I managed to purchase that smelly book from Simon's shop and a very good book it is too.
Rob you now have my email address so if you get stuck on anything with the D6300'er drop me a line and I will help to resolve.
I will keep my eye out on your thread to see how you are getting on.
Keep up the modelling.
Regards
Mr TV

Cheers Steve, meeting you made it all worthwhile, having the day off i am doing the couplings as we speak now i know how that 'doofah' fits to the screw coupling, cheers Rob

bogusman

Western Thunderer
Look likes a good time was had by all. I wished I could of made it but now on holiday in Swanage (already been to the depot watching loco disposal).

Pete

phileakins

Western Thunderer
Hi Pete

If you were thinking of travelling on tomorrow nights Bistro train (19:30 at Swanage) I'll be the one waving the green flag if you want to say hello!

Sorry about today's weather ....

Cheers.

Phil

Bob

Western Thunderer
In that coat he turns into his alter ego "Reg" of Pearce and Crump fame, a rather dodgy character.:))
See the thread "another grand day out"
............Speaking of which..........itching to see those photos you took on the 2nd trip Simon, my girlfriend still doesn't believe why I went out dressed like that:eek:.

(Slightly awkward customer with a nasal voice) "Hullo, I would like to buy a copy of LNWR Panelled Outer Suburban Coaching Stock, 1893 to 1894 by Maurice J B Cornelius-Plumb which went out of print in 1913" - Proprietor, leans out the back "Margaret, MARGARET!" from upstairs "yes dear"...

Ummm... I'm keeping my copy. But there's another on eBay - Item: 1234554321 ;-)