LarryG buildings WB ...

Discussion in 'Workbenches, including workshop techniques.' started by LarryG, 3 June 2019.

1. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

Yorkshire Dave's suggestion was followed with the base of the building painted brick red while leaving the beveled top row stone colour...
    WEB House 19B.jpg

2. Yorkshire Dave

Yorkshire Dave Western Thunderer

It's all come together now and really looks the part - especially leaving the bevelled bricks in the stone colour.

Having seen this, engineering blue or any other colour bricks would have jarred and distracted the eye.

Just the goods shed to do now ;).

LarryG likes this.
  3. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

The spotty Muldoon's prior to pointing. The underside of overhanging brickwork is dark brown too

WEB Goods shed 10.jpg

Stephen, AdeMoore, Deano747 and 3 others like this.
  4. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

Day 2, and the process has moved from the spotty stage to the grotty stage. Looks 'orrible but it is only a stage...
    WEB Goods shed 11.jpg

5. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

Another building in the queue for window frames & glazing...
    WEB Goods shed 12.jpg

The tiny signal box has had its dark brick replaced to match the rest of the gang...
    WEB Small signal box 14.jpg

As was...
    WEB Small signal box 13B.jpg

Last edited: 20 November 2020
  6. GrahameH

GrahameH Western Thunderer

Spot on to my eyes Larry, worth taking your time again.

Grahame

LarryG and Pencarrow like this.
  7. Deano747

Deano747 Western Thunderer

To me, a bit too dark 'spotty' but with your magic I'm sure it we become toned down. The 'brick' colour looks perfect though!

Regards
    Rob (Deano)

AdeMoore likes this.
  8. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

The last remaining building in dark brick was converted to light brick today. The base of the walls were blackened where bags of coal were often temporarily propped for one reason or another. It really needs new window frames...

WEB Coalmans hut 6.jpg

Last edited: 23 November 2020
  9. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

Finished and photographed in daylight ...
    WEB Coalmans hut 7.jpg
    WEB Coalmans hut 7B.jpg

Last edited: 23 November 2020
  10. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

This image never showed on my screen in the previous post, so it's been posted again here. This is all the buildings so far, although some remain to be glazed etc. Hobby-work ceases at the end of November....
    WEB Coalmans hut 7C.jpg

11. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

The latest incarnation of the goods shed was finished last night with externally fitted rooflights and doors & windows. ...
    WEB Goods shed 13A.jpg

I also took the opportunity to lighten the cream quite considerably, but this morning's harsh light with its yellow cast merely disguises my efforts... The maroonish-brown has also been lightened a tad...
    WEB Goods shed 13B.jpg

I wonder if the kit-maker recognizes his product. Once the goods office has been attached to the main building, lead flashing will be added...
    WEB Goods shed 13C.jpg

Roof glazing was fitted externally so that the roof could be firmly glued down at the building stage. The area of glazing is much smaller than intended by the kit...
    WEB Goods shed 13D.jpg

Muddysblues, Ian_C, JasonBz and 20 others like this.
  12. Mike Garwood

Mike Garwood Western Thunderer

Lovely work as always Larry...but what happens on Decembeer first?

Mike

13. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

No hobby work during December.

14. BrushType4

BrushType4 Western Thunderer

I’ve just sent you a parcel! Will you be able to resist?

Muddysblues and LarryG like this.
  15. adrian

adrian Flying Squad

but if Larry gets it tomorrow or Saturday then with his usual speed it'll be built and painted before December anyway.:D

Deano747, LarryG and BrushType4 like this.
  16. Focalplane

Focalplane Western Thunderer

Where’s the agree button!

simond likes this.
  17. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

Thanks for the parcel Brush, although nothing has arrived yet and something out of three deliveries is being held back by the PO until Saturday. I thought I would get all the orders in now ready for the New Year.

I have spent much of today putting doors and windows in the station building, but it will need another day. Trouble was, interior detail had to be added and painted where one could see through windows. It proves my point that building a basic structure is easy. It is the detailing, painting and fitting windows that's soaks up the time.

Peter Insole likes this.
  18. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

Ladies waiting room & toilet. Gents next door with lavatory at the back...

WEB House 20A.jpg

Booking Office in main entrance with general waiting room to the left. Window awaiting drop sash...
    WEB House 20C.jpg

19. Yorkshire Dave

Yorkshire Dave Western Thunderer

All the buildings all look very good in the lighter orange brick colour and even more so when photographed in the sun giving them a warm glow.

You must be very pleased with these.

20. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

I am Dave. The shed looks much brighter and welcoming with these light orange-red buildings. It has been quite a journey since Diggle Junction and Greenfield with dirty-black stonework.

Muddysblues and GrahameH like this.