Legacy Donation of Gauge One Items - Advice Required on disposing/selling.

Stephen

Western Thunderer
Morning All,

The Somerset & Dorset Railway Heritage Trust has recently been donated a moderate amount of gauge one locos/wagons and coaches by means of a legacy. The Trust has decided the items should be sold to help fund projects, and I've been tasked with moving all the items on. I've already managed to sell one loco to WT regular, however the list below gives an idea of what else I have 'in stock'.

Part of me is wondering whether I'd actually get more money by removing the Radio Control elements of some of the locos, and selling them straight DC as they were purchased - any thoughts on whether that would be a wise move?

I want to avoid selling to a dealer, because I'd prefer a greater return of cash for the Trust, although know it will be more onerous to shift. Any thoughts on the value of some of the items, such as the coaches would be appreciated. I've also attached a file with some images.

I've tried to find a local club to see whether I can test the locos, seeing as I have no idea how the R/C systems work (I'm based in Orpington) but that search hasnt proved fruitful to far.

Anyway - the list:

Gauge One Locomotives
Unknown kit built LMS (BR Lined Black, Early Emblem) Ivatt 2-6-2T Loco No. 41212 Built to good standard. Comes of Spektrum DX5e controller.
Bachmann Brassworks GWR (BR Lined Green, Late Crest) GWR 2-6-2T Prairie Tank Loco. No 5508. Good condition, comes with Spektrum DX5e Controller
Bachmann Brassworks LMS (LMS Plain Black) 0-4-0ST Pug Loco No.7583 Fair condition, unsure of R/C installed.
Unknown (possibly Bachmann Brassworks) LMS (BR Plain Black, early crest) 0-6-0T ‘Jinty No.47558 . Good condition, unsure of R/C installed.
Presumed Bachmann Brassworks J94 Chassis.

Gauge One Coaches
Glegg/Exley LMS Stanier Open Third Brake Coach – LMS Lined Crimson Livery – Excellent condition Unboxed
Unknown LMS (BR Lined Maroon) Suburban Brake Third Coach – Excellent Condition.

Gauge One Wagons
Accucraft 14 Ton Esso Tanker No.3066 Mint unboxed
Accucraft 14Ton BP Tanker No. 3472 – missing running bar – unboxed
Northern Fine Scale RTR 10Ton ICI Salt Wagon – Weathered/Boxed
Northern Fine Scale Kit built Midland Railway (Br Grey) Cattle Wagon No.189427 – Mint Unboxed
Northern Fine Scale Kit built Midland Railway (Br Grey) Cattle Wagon No.1662465 – Mint Unboxed
Northern Fine Scale Kit built LNER (BR Bauxite) 12 Ton Vent Van No M158720 – Kit built – fair/good standard – Unboxed
Northern Fine Scale Kit built LNER (BR Bauxite) 12 Ton Vent Van No E236396 – Kit built – fair/good standard – Unboxed
Northern Fine Scale Kit built LNER (BR Grey) 12 Ton Vent Van No M162460 – Kit built – fair/good standard – Unboxed
Northern Fine Scale LMs (BR Grey) 5 Plank Open Wagon with loose Coal Load No.407580. Fair standard – brake repair lever required – Unboxed.
Tenmile – GWR Bogie Well Wagon – kit built moderate standard. Unboxed
Northern Fine Scale LMS (BR Bauxite) 5 Plank Open Wagon with loose Wood Load No.S129391. Good standard – Unboxed.
Northern Fine Scale Kit built LNER (BR Grey) 20ton Brake Van. Fair to Good condition, fitted with working 9V tail light Unboxed
Unknown kit built SR (BR Grey) Pill Box Brake Van. Metal construction, pretty rough, fitted with working 9V tail light. Unboxed

Cheers,

Stephen

Last edited by a moderator:

Simon

Flying Squad
I'd list them individually on eBay, they all look pretty saleable to me and the relatively high prices of G1 models would repay the effort from your point of view.

I wouldn't remove or alter anything myself, the separate bits (used) would be a nightmare to move on I would have thought.

You are welcome to list them here, but they need to go into the small ads section and be given prices please. I don't think there are that many Gauge Ones on WT so I suspect it wouldn't be worth your while.

Everyone please do not use this thread to ask about or set up sales of the items listed.

Simon

Stephen

Western Thunderer
Have you tried contacting G1MRA?
For some reason, when I try to get on to their website, it does not allow me, unless I have a subscription.....

If anyone known the name/email of the general secretary, that would be a great starter for ten...

Cheers,

Stephen

daifly

Western Thunderer
Bottom right of every G1MRA page is an email link - the envelope symbol. Your message will go to the webmaster who will forward it to the relevant officer. I do the same thing as webmaster for the ScaleSeven Group. It avoids exposing too many email addresses which just suffer endless spam etc.
Dave

Mike W

Western Thunderer
There is a major G1MRA event at Bicester this coming weekend. Would be an ideal place to sell them if you can get hold of them in time. As Simon says, David Halfpenny on here may be able to advise.

Mike