Lima 33 to a Class 26/7

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
marsa69 said:
Now that is how I would like mine to turn out! Excellent work Ross  :bowdown:

P.S. Now can we have an idiots guide for a 33 build?  :D
Are you doing the PRMRP conversion Kit? :scratch: :wave: Ross..

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Ross,

thanks for posting the additional picture - triple grey certainly suited the 33s. Still undecided which one to do, so no hurry in bringing out the kit DJP - as far as I'm concerned, but then again, it might concentrate the mind somewhat :eek: :eek:

regards

Mike

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
marsa69 said:
Now that is how I would like mine to turn out! Excellent work Ross  :bowdown:

P.S. Now can we have an idiots guide for a 33 build?  :D

No comment on the last statement

Ploffy

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Are you doing the PRMRP conversion Kit?

Not yet. I already have a long list of rolling stock I need to save up for. I'm trying to assemble bits and pieces that may be useful substitutes for the kit items so I can practice on a 33 shell I have. The previous owner was going to do the 26/27 conversion hence some of the hacking he carried out to the body. I was going to use this as a low cost practice piece,

regards,

Mark

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
marsa69 said:
Not yet. I already have a long list of rolling stock I need to save up for.I'm trying to assemble bits and pieces that may be useful substitutes for the kit items so I can practice on a 33 shell I have. The previous owner was going to do the 26/27 conversion hence some of the hacking he carried out to the body. I was going to use this as a low cost practice piece,

regards,

Mark
So what parts have you accumulated for the conversion Mark ?

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Some fine mesh from an old pair of earphones which should be fine for a small round port on the roof. Some mesh from an airduct intake in the bedroom (hope the landlord doesn't notice any missing  :eek: )which will be good for the exhaust and  the bodyside I think, along with some rectangular plastic sprues as well. Also various grades of steel locking wire which will be useful from pipework to handrails to wipers etc. I have various bits of brass etch which may help me to rebuild the horn box over the cabs and other bits and bobs which may or may not come in useful. I'm always on the look out (scavenge) at work for any interesting odds and sods that may come in useful,

regards,

Mark

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
marsa69 said:
Some fine mesh from an old pair of earphones which should be fine for a small round port on the roof. Some mesh from an airduct intake in the bedroom (hope the landlord doesn't notice any missing  :eek: )which will be good for the exhaust and  the bodyside I think, along with some rectangular plastic sprues as well. Also various grades of steel locking wire which will be useful from pipework to handrails to wipers etc. I have various bits of brass etch which may help me to rebuild the horn box over the cabs and other bits and bobs which may or may not come in useful. I'm always on the look out (scavenge) at work for any interesting odds and sods that may come in useful,

regards,

Mark
While I can appreciate that you want to keep the costs down & gain some experience perhaps by having a go with the damaged body & scratchbuilding, the trouble is to motorise a 33 you will need bogie etches, bogie sideframes(assuming you are not going to use the Lima bogies which are the wrong wheelbase ) & if you are going to get that lot you may as well get the conversion kit which already has these plus all the other parts you need for the conversion at not much extra cost. So If I were you I would have a practice with the damaged body & once your OK with that I would get stuck into a undamaged Lima with the full PRMRP conversion kit  :scratch:

Phill  :thumbs:

marsa69

Western Thunderer
So If I were you I would have a practice with the damaged body & once your OK with that I would get stuck into a undamaged Lima with the full PRMRP conversion kit 

Thats the plan my friend  :D

S

Simon Dunkley

Some lovely work there, but compared to the real thing, are the corner pillars not a touch too big?
http://gallery34587.fotopic.net/p2261953.html

Not knowing much about how the Lima model was moulded, is there a structural reason why the cab front windows cannot be widened?

Would love to see this done: it would put the icing on the cake as far as I can see.

[Edited (twice) to insert link!]

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
yes, according to DJP (there is a posting from him somewhere), as a spin-off from the forthcoming kit.

regards

Mike

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Any progress on these;). ........................ Seems to be a lack of any progress from the Peacock workbench:))

Hi Rob and Steve these loco's are long gone I put these old pics on from some class 26 and 27 builds I did to help you and Steve with you project if you remember Steve was gonna do a couple??? Think things changed when we did the backwards Heljan haggling at Telford in 2011 when Steve got the 2x Heljan 26 shells.... I do have 2 unstarted lima 33's and also 2 complete PRMRP kits to go with them so you never know.... If only I had a minute Ha ha:rant: