DCC Magnetic Fields From Speakers

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi Folks

I'm using a couple of Eckig mini speakers - fantastic sound from such a small size.
http://www.digitrains.co.uk/ecommerce/speakers/mini-oblong-speaker.aspx
They have a pretty strong magnetic field - like I couldn't solder the tags as every time my soldering iron got near, the speaker thunked against it. Don't laugh.......:D

The only place I can put one on my current loco is adjacent to the motor - gearbox actually. I am uneasy about this as the speaker is magnetically stuck to the gearbox. I assume there is going to be some sort of conflict between the magnetic fields of the motor and speaker. This doesn't seem like a good idea.

The question is this. Am I going to run into any problems doing this, either with motor or speaker performance? Anyone got any experience of this?

Thanks

Richard

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
I covered this in College, it goes something like this 'localized magnetic fields should be dissipated using shielding i.e. using a ferric (iron or steel) shield between magnetic sources', After you have tried what Jordan is saying (which incidentally is A level grade physics so you ain't as daft as you make out are you:))) go to a car shop buy crimp terminals solder them on push fit to the speaker use copper wire them fabricate a steel bulkhead if there is room