7mm Martin Finney 7mm Duchess

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
I suspect the Richard et al are wise enough to know it would need to be a very big box! Best avoided I suspect. Potential sales for 'box' suggestions probably in single figures for many!
Dave

I expect your right, I am just trying to devise a sneaky way of putting a class 2884 to the head of the queue ;).

Martyn.

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi,

I had the Duchess on the rolling road at Telford, hard wired in to the motor. By the end of Sunday, it was running very smoothly (at least in a forward direction:) ), but I think part of the inside coupling rods are just touching a stretcher at the bottommost part of the revolution. When I take it apart for painting, I should see some polished marks to know where to file!

I wanted to put a face on the loco before putting up some photos. Here is the smokebox door:

P1010538b.jpg

Those who know the kit will see that I have filed off the whitemetal latch at 3 o'clock, just leaving a witness mark to see where it was. I will replace it with one built from scrap etch with a proper catch on the smokebox. In truth, it is a bit vulnerable until the door is glued to the smokebox, and I broke it off - I know not when - so I am making a virtue of a necessity.

Here's the real thing - you can also see that there is a knob on the end of the front door handle that I need to add:

City of Birmingham Smokebox.jpg

Richard

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
I think part of the inside coupling rods are just touching a stretcher at the bottommost part of the revolution.

It did sound like it had a tch, tch, tch drumbeat. Or is it the latest version of the Tri-ang sandpaper chuff?

Chair spinning rapidly followed by the Usain Bolt dash....:eek:.

lankytank

Western Thunderer
What Warren said......:bowdown::thumbs:

Big....!?!? I'm currently watching one being scratch build in G3 - now that is BIG!

Though he hasn't, quite, mastered the 'no solder' magic that seems to happen down in Shropshire ;)

DougT

Western Thunderer
Hi,

I realised I hadn't posted any photos of the body and chassis together with the tender; so as it was a nice day, I went outside and posed it on the garden railway - it's a bit big to photo inside!

View attachment 58936

Well, it looks like a Duchess - cab and footplate and chassis piping mostly left to do.

Richard

Whilst kettles aren't really my thing, I have to say that is a thing of particular beauty. :thumbs:

markjj

Western Thunderer
I don't think I will make Reading this year but the sooner they are out again the better.... I can't wait to get my hands on some after seeing your first class model come together...

warren haywood

Western Thunderer
What Warren said......:bowdown::thumbs:

Big....!?!? I'm currently watching one being scratch build in G3 - now that is BIG!

Though he hasn't, quite, mastered the 'no solder' magic that seems to happen down in Shropshire ;)
I've got one here for painting, it's in G1 from David Andrews etches, absolutely stunning and the build quallity is up there with the best. Only problem is it is going into BR Crimson lake:'(

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Can we have some pics Warren? It will be 10mm, but I'm interested to know how the builder got round the issue/absence of castings.