New member Model in 7mm

donnieworks

Hi all,
What a wonderful forum, I joined yesterday , but I thought I ought to introduce myself.
I'm from Midlands , and I used to model in 4mm and then I got the 7mm bug, so I sold all my 4mm items and then hit the 7mm.
I have just moved house and by luck it has a 60 feet single storey barn I wonder whats going in that!!!!!!!
I have just about got my work bench back together again.
I have built various things but perhaps Im famous for this enjoy
I will endeavour to put some photographs up and start a workbench thread in due course.
Garry

Muddysblues

Western Thunderer
Quote "I have just moved house and by luck it has a 60 feet single storey barn I wonder whats going in that!!!!!!!"

If you lived where myself and Martin Wales live there is only one thing to keep in a 60' barn ... it will be the woolly 4 legged members of the Harem.

welcome to the forum and 7mm modelling

Craig.

donnieworks

Gents a bit of long story about the barn, well it's an old cow shed which is 60 feet in length 19 feet wide with a single pitch roof. It was a bit of a mess when we arrived. The plot of land we bought was a part of a farm yard dairy and included in the plot was the the old cow shed at first we thought it was a mess shall we knock it down. My wife said let's concentrate on the house build first so we did and left the old cowshed in a sorry state.

Our house after a period of time was built and completed, we had a surveyor round to look at the cowshed. Reports back wasn't good, structural it was fine but we knew it needed a complete new roof, new windows and doors and so on was it worth doing that was the question. We spoken to our builder to get us some costings to see if we could do it with in our budget.
So after some deliberation we decided with the quotes/costings we would bring the building back to life. First the old roof had to be removed very carefully because it was a n asbestos roof so we had the professionals in to remove that. New roof slats were fitted but the original 5 main beam supports were solid so we left those. New plastic tiled roof fitted, new windows and doors, new floor installed,alarm and security cameras fitted.

The building was water tight and fully secured, my wife came up with a fab idea was to have the main rear wall shot blasted so that the original brick work would come through because the whole building inside was painted white and it needed to be looked at. So we were advised by a few people that there was a chap lived not to far away who done a lot of work in this field and restored grade 1&2 listed buildings well what a character he was and now as become a good friend. He worked on the wall for two days solid and what a result. The wall is intended to be a focus point to put my railway memorabilia and alike on there. Next was to damp proof the building which as now been done on all 4 walls t, the floor had also been done as well. Everything was fine till we had a major rain storm when we find several leaks in the roof. It took us nearly 4 weeks to find the route cause but after a lot of patience and to replicate the rain our water bill will be sky high we found the dam leaks. So now what stage are we at now well the electrics first stage are in, now we are in the process of having the ceiling boarded with the main beams exposed, the roof is already insulated, then the three walls will be lined with insulated celotex boarding, once this is done it will be jointed and sanded down and painted white to give much light as possible. Then the lights and wall sockets to be fitted. Then a nice drink to celebrate and then off to the wood yard to start building my layout base boards. Not bad for 2 months work!!!!!

Western Thunderer
Hey Garry :thumbs:

Without being too pushie, have you got pictures of the before & during please ?. We on here ❤️ Pictures

Steve :cool: