New version of Flash?

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Mods,

I've just had a pig of a time trying to do a post as the formatting keeps walking off - without making any changes I've found I'm using two fonts and couldn't change them without copying into textpad and then back again. I used a smiley and got font size change in all following text and I've still got a return which thinks it's a quote. Incidentally, what is the default font and size?

I'm therefore assuming we've just had a forum/server uplift and as I believe the interface runs through Flash I suspect my version of Flash is out of date.

Any ideas which version is the current one and how I can force an update? Windows7 64bit machine running Chrome.

Cheers,

Steph

adrian

Flying Squad
There hasn't been any forum or server updates that I'm aware of. :confused: Smilies seem to work ok for me without messing up the formatting.

As far as I'm aware Chrome automatically updates Flash for you as they use their own plugin rather than the official Adobe version. I use Chrome on Linux and in the address bar if you type about:plugins it should list all the plugins available. On my version it currently says Adobe Flash Player (2 files) - Version: 11.8.800.129

So I'm not sure if that helps or not.

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Dave,
Actually, it gets weirder; I found and tried the link you suggest a couple of minutes after I posted and can confirm I'm now running the latest version.
I'm still getting the same problem and it's affecting my (Samsung/Android) tablet too. This, of course, doesn't have Flash!
Suspect there's more to it than meets the eye - looking at WT through the HTML debugger that's included in Chrome it appears the forum is generating an awful lot of superfluous code, but I guess that could be more of a generic issue with this type of forum?
Steph

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Adrian,

Thanks for the info. I've done as you (and Adobe!) suggest and in theory I'm all Flash-ed up now - I suspect I managed to turn off the auto-update somehow. It's a shame that it still hasn't sorted the problem...

Ho hum, I'll do a couple more checks this end and make sure I haven't got anything overtly malicious floating around.

Steph

garethevans1986

Western Thunderer
Nope, the post editor is tinyMCE and is javascript based (no plugins required).

I would recommend, disabling all of your extensions within Chrome and trying again. if it works then one extension is misbehaving.

Thanks
Gareth

jayell

How do you type a Smiley in the address bar..??!!?? :confused: :D ;)

I'm using Firefox on Linux Mint13, on an old laptop, and for You-Tube etc it blanks out videos & keeps telling me my Adobe Flash is out of date, but won't upgrade it as it says Adobe is no longer supporting Linux (it doesn't seem to be a problem on my home PC also running Linux/Mint13!!)... but I'm not having any trouble posting on here....

I too am having problems with Adobe not supporting Linux tho' in my case it is Adobe Acroread on 64bit Debian which means I've had to install loads of 32bit libs (which aren't being upgraded very frequently) so I can install and run 32bit Acroread.

jayell

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
You know when I first looked at this I expected to see Ming the merciless firing at Flash Gordon and Dr Hans Zarkoff whilst flying around in tin cans/rocket ships and Queen music blasting out............ But how wrong can you be:))