Norfolk & Western Thunder in the Appalachian mountains HO scale layout

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Two more box cars arrived from Maclaren models, I think that will do on wagons for a while besides the ones that's on pre order.
Time to get some timber I think. The layout will not be set on Coopers now as I'm starting a 4mm layout as well. I do have another location in mind and il pop some details up soon.
The Broadway Y6B is due in next month so I will finally have a locomotive for this project.
image.jpg

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
image.jpeg

A pair of Broadway stock cars arrived today & hopefully the Broadway Y6b should arrive in the UK some time next week.
I'm going to change the location of the model as I don't really have the room for the large coopers bridge. I'm going to set it in the winter and have a good snow coverage.

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
image.jpeg image.jpeg

The first locomotive for my HO scale project has finally arrived. It's now going under the tree for Christmas!!
I've had a quick look over it and I'm mightily impressed the detail is superb and it's a hefty weight. I'll have to wait until next week before I fire it up & here the sounds.
The new Paragon 3 system can be connected to a wireless receiver & a subwoofer for an extra dimension to the sound. I've heard the demos and it's "good" hopefully it won't be to long until this technology is available for UK outline DCC

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Even though the thread title is Norfolk & Western I'm going to expand it a little. I've been watching lots of videos on YouTube & the N&W's western terminus at Cincinnati looks very interesting, now I'm not Modeling Union station but I like the diversity of the other Railroads that used it. The Pennsylvania, New York central, Southern, B&O & C&O.
If Broadway bring out the New York central Dreyfus Hudson & Pennsylvania T1 out in paragon 3 they would be hard to resist. That & the myriad of liveries on the E & F units.image.jpeg
The layout will have a small station & be set in the winter.