Number of Members

AJC

Western Thunderer
Hi Paul,

It's shown on the home page (though obviously, members signed up, and members posting regularly are two different things!).

1673780301438.png

Adam

adrian

Flying Squad
As others have indicated - currently a shade under 2000 registered members. Although every now and again we do prune dormant accounts, these are accounts that haven't logged on for a couple of years and have a zero post count.

As for actual use rather than registered users the stats show a daily average of around 375 active users and 60-70 posts per day.

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 11.02.49.png

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Although every now and again we do prune dormant accounts, these are accounts that haven't logged on for a couple of years and have a zero post count.
Back when I was on the Flying Squad we did that once, specifically to accounts where the person had joined, but never even returned to view the Forum again from that day, for over a year or two. Their post count was, of course, also Zero.

adrian

Flying Squad
Yes we still do that from time to time. I must admit I don't really bother looking at the stats, growing the site is not a primary motivation. The attraction to me for WT was something I termed as having a high signal to noise ratio. i.e. there may be only 60/70 posts per day but the vast majority of them are informative, interesting and add something to the site.

Paul Townsend

Ta for responses near 2000 is great.
I agree about the good S:N ratio.
I joined around 12 years ago and got pruned as above formula :)
I am now re-rooted !